Thread: How to maximize the revenues from a scene shot?

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar

How to maximize the revenues from a scene shot?

I am still trying to define what is the life cycle of a scene and how to maximize the revenues from a scene shot.

I know some production companies targeting first a release on DVD, then to websites (BelAmi, Falcon etc.). Some others are going right to website and then to DVDs. Now after that what would be the next step? VODs? PayPerView? What other options there is?

Any thoughts?
    Jeremy Roddick - www.bonobocash.com - ICQ: 375661750 - 1-877-824-7561 ext. 707
    Videoboys.com | Squirtz.com | JeremyRoddick.com

I like cocks better than you!
    We primarily shoot single scene DVDs. We duplicate in house. The second that a DVD goes into editing, a request is sent to our graphic designer for a box cover. Once it comes out of editing, it goes up for sale on our stores. That day or the next, we duplicate 30 copies of the DVD. We keep several here, and then we ship that dvd out to VOD Providers.
    The day after it's been shipped we develop a website for the DVD.
    30 days after the DVD has been released out of editing, we then encode the scene for our members areas.

After about the 40th day, we then offer it to different stores that buy from us.

We don't really do the distribution venue anymore. We tried it a couple times. It didn't work out. And they want to pay as cheap as possible.
    For a full-length DVD it cost us $1,000 in duplication. $50 for graphic design on it. Then you have to go through the duplication companies and many of them have minimums. So by the time everythings done and you get paid, we always broke even. And, I am seeing DVDs decline across the map.

All I can suggest is...
    Figure out what your overhead cost is on producing that single scene including model pay, electricity, camera wear and tear, everything that goes into factor for that scene production.
    You want that scene to earn triple of your cost. So if it cost $1,000 to produce it, you want to make back at least $3,000.
    We used to be very cautious about over exposing our content. But we then learned that piraters do it. So why not go and expose it anywhere that it will make a dollar. We work with every VOD venue except for XOD, MaleFlixxx, and Yappo.

I think that may help you.

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. jeremyroddick's Avatar
    Hey thanks Sebastian. That really helps. I think I was'nt really that far on the life cycle of a scene. I am still hesitating between going right to VOD and skipping the DVD option but your guidelines were really appreciated.

Thanks
    J

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    dvd and vod are good but what about licensing the content to other people after a certain time period also?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Also, dont forget that just because you shoot a scene for a specific site or DVD title, there is absolutely NOTHING stopping you from using that scene on multiple sites / DVD titles.

Many of the larger producers / studios do this, whether shooting for new websites or re-using old DVD content on 'compilation' DVD titles.

In fact id say the easiest way any producer can maximize their revenue from a scene is adding it to another paysite and not just using it on a single sites members area yet for some reason a lot of program owners dont realize this.

If you are going to DVD or VOD anyway, that content is no longer 'exclusive' to any given site so you may as well milk it for all it is worth before letting other programs water down its profitability first $0.02

Webmasters who buy an image set from somewhere like MaxPixels dont just use that image set on a single TGP gallery... So why would anyone producing content just use an exclusive shoot on a single site?

Regards,

Lee

Licensing? Meaning "selling" my content to other sites so they can display it on theirs? Or like a plug-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    dvd and vod are good but what about licensing the content to other people after a certain time period also?

Interesting. Do you think content lose a lot of it's interest from a customer point of view and affiliate point of view if it's not "exclusive" to the site? Does the tag "exclusive" still have a big selling interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Also, dont forget that just because you shoot a scene for a specific site or DVD title, there is absolutely NOTHING stopping you from using that scene on multiple sites / DVD titles.
    Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyroddick View Post
    Interesting. Do you think content lose a lot of it's interest from a customer point of view and affiliate point of view if it's not "exclusive" to the site? Does the tag "exclusive" still have a big selling interest?
    'Exclusive' can mean anything you want it to.

Condom Cash for example has over 30 'exclusive' sites... They dont have any custom content in them but i can still use the 'exclusive' word on marketing materials... Because the sites themselves ARE exclusive to Condom Cash.

If you are concerned about usage of the word, use it differently, who says that using the word exclusive HAS to mean its full of exclusive content?

On the content side of things though, if you shot it and you own the sites you are using it, that content is still 'exclusive' to your sites... It isnt legally going to be being used by anyone else, is it?

Adult marketing is all about how we use words to market our products, sites and services, if you choose a single word, im sure you can find ways to use that word to mean multiple things.... As is the case with 'exclusive'.

Regards,

Lee