Thread: win7 pre-ordered upgrade deals

win7 pre-ordered upgrade deals

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy...pre-order.aspx

FYI, you can pre-order your win7 upgrades (from vista or xp) at a good 50%+ discount ($49 for Home Premium and $99 for Pro) from a number of retailers like amazon and newegg. Check the link for details.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I've gone ahead and pre-ordered mine from Amazon.... this better be a far cry better than the Vista is all I gotta say.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    i tried the beta and didn't see any need for it?????

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
    i tried the beta and didn't see any need for it?????
    Win7 is built on a new architecture, using virtual machines for stronger security and stability. It also is totally recoded from ground up, meaning its way more efficient than xp or vista. Asides which, I refuse to install vista due to all its problems, so jumping to Win7 gives me a huge boost with things like 64bit support, >3GB RAM support, much better power management for laptops, much wider support for new devices like SSD drives, etc...

And, top this all off with the eventual fact that all other win platforms will become obsolete & support will be discontinued on them soon after Win7 is released, IMHO upgrading is a no-brainer!
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    ya but like anything new from ms there are always so many bugs in it

GWW Community Member
    Thanks for the heads up, Luke!

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    I've been using the windows 7 RC on my netbook since it's release, and it works like a charm. Very fast, and everything worked as it should. Found all the drivers right from the start. Granted the netbook came with windows xp, and that worked just as good, but I like the look & feel of windows 7 better.

I also installed windows 7 on an older Intel Pentium 4 Hp desktop with 512mb of ram, and it's way to slow, even with all the "special effects" turned off. You definitely need at least 1gb for it to run properly. My Netbook (lenovo s10) has 2gb and it runs really fast. Boot's up in under 30 seconds, shuts down in under 15 seconds.