Thread: Flash Splash for a Sponsor Site

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional pervert
    Being a review site, I work with tons on tons of affiliate programs. So for me, I like...

- Programs that pay via CCBill, Epoch, Verotel, Webmaster Checks, etc. (All payment processors with good track records)

- If not with those processors, programs with a fairly low minimum payout, even if it's not very often (ie; I'd take a lower payout at monthly than a higher one and weekly).

- Programs that offer non-explicit content for affiliates. (Damn 2257 laws!). Putting non-explicit shots in hosted galleries is fine, as I can grab what I need from there, even if the hosted gallery is mixed explicit-nonexplicit.

- Programs with stats programs that don't require you use a specific short time period when retrieving stats. (I'm looking at you, Epoch!) I love that I can select "all time" with Nats so easily.

- Programs that keep good payment records online. (Ie; a payment report that specifically indicates which sales led to that particular payment).

- Programs where the staff is reachable by phone (which I rarely use), ICQ (which I use often), and a direct e-mail address. I dislike having to enter my comment in a form, click "submit", and hope it gets there.

- Programs which adhere to the sensibilities of a gay audience. While I understand that a program with 20 straight sites and 1 gay site probably won't bother making a specific affiliate page for gay webmasters, it's nice to be able to look at the affiliate program pages without a lot of tits in my face.

Good example: Platinum Bucks. It's got a lot of women on the page, but by clicking on a nice little rainbow graphic the page instantly transforms into one that is specifically tailored to my needs as a gay webmaster.

Bad example: Silver Cash. Craploads of irrelevant (to me) straight stuff and their gay sites listed as a "niche". Makes me feel like my business doesn't matter.

- Affiliate programs that promote a 5% (or whatever) webmaster referral option. I don't refer webmasters often, but I like to be able to.

Obviously not all this stuff (especially the stats reports) aren't immediately obvious on the outside, but if I see them as selling points then it definitely appeals to me.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Wow ... thanks for the detailed response!! You actually listed just about everything I look around for when I hit a sponsor site. And I do recommend a lot of sites/programs, and really appreciate when I can pick up 5-10% for bothering to do so!