Thread: How Much Is AVN Actually Hurting Right Now?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Much Is AVN Actually Hurting Right Now?

Over the past few weeks i have received multiple emails, from a range of sponsor programs and resource sites talking about how great the Summer Internext show is and i honestly cant remember ever having received as many emails from companies about this show before.

Im just wondering if AVN/Internext has actually contacted all of these companies to get the word out about their show due to declining attendance and the show actually not being as popular as others such as the Phoenix Forum, Xbiz Show, Webmaster Access, etc, etc...

I just got an email today from BadPuppy offering a $50 discount to register for the Summer Internext along with countless emails from CSocket and Adult Chamber... So im wondering, with this much of an increase in mailings from companies about the AVN/Internext show... Just how much are they hurting right now for attendees?

They have already pretty much consolidated their web properties in to one and are also going to be reducing their print magazine publications in to smaller, less fequent issues... Is the light falling dark on AVN finally after having not listened to their customer base for so many years?

Regards,

Lee

Not gay but I play it on TV LAJ's Avatar
    Internext is plenty more popular than webmaster access.

How long have you been gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Over the past few weeks i have received multiple emails, from a range of sponsor programs and resource sites talking about how great the Summer Internext show is and i honestly cant remember ever having received as many emails from companies about this show before.

Im just wondering if AVN/Internext has actually contacted all of these companies to get the word out about their show due to declining attendance and the show actually not being as popular as others such as the Phoenix Forum, Xbiz Show, Webmaster Access, etc, etc...

I just got an email today from BadPuppy offering a $50 discount to register for the Summer Internext along with countless emails from CSocket and Adult Chamber... So im wondering, with this much of an increase in mailings from companies about the AVN/Internext show... Just how much are they hurting right now for attendees?

They have already pretty much consolidated their web properties in to one and are also going to be reducing their print magazine publications in to smaller, less fequent issues... Is the light falling dark on AVN finally after having not listened to their customer base for so many years?

Regards,

Lee

Lee you have this wrong on several points -

We always do co-branded offers with partners, perhaps you are just getting the discount offers all at once. We do marketing with several partners and always have. If you think that recieving some e-mail offers tells you that AVN is failing that is simply silly.

Every show has seen declining attendance - Phoenix / Webmaster Access / XBIZ included. We still have the best attendance of any North American show.

Yes we have consolidated our three magazines into one monthly circulation which is triple the circulation of any other industry publication. This is a result of the economy and a downturn in print which has been seen across all industries.

I have and will continue to listen to my customers needs.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Miami - in particular at the Cybersocket parties and the Maleflixx cock and Tail party.

Have a great day Lee.
    AVN CHRIS
    Senior Account Executive
    AVN Media Network
    AVN Online, Internext, GAYVN, GAYVN Retreat, AVN.COM
    Tel: 818-718-5788 X 161