Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And X On Demand Actually Wants Gay Webmaster Traffic... WTF?!?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

And X On Demand Actually Wants Gay Webmaster Traffic... WTF?!?

http://www.gfyboard.com/showthread.php?t=914805

I mean seriously, they really need to find a new board whore, their current one seems to be doing everything they can to totally alienate gay marketers from ever sending them a click.

Regards,

Lee

Professional pervert
    I can't fucking believe that an authorized representative of a company would post a message like that.

I wish I knew the name of the employee who posted that message. Because I am on the phone right now trying to call their 800# (1-800-347-8884) to give their company a piece of my mind.

Before I called, I tried to pull up my stats on their page to see just how much business with them I have done. Oddly, the stats page wouldn't give me information about how much money I've made. Instead, it gave me how much money the company has made total. (Either that or I've been doing about 1000x more business with them as I thought I was, in which case they owe me a rather large check!).

More after I get off the phone.
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

Professional pervert
    Ugh, busy signals galore. Who ever heard of an 800# where you have to dial in an employee's extension with a busy signal?

I'll keep trying.

Is anyone else as pissed off about this as I am?

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence

Professional pervert
    Bleh. I've been getting a busy signal for well over an hour now. They must take their phone off the hook when they leave for the day.

I'll try again tomorrow. I am seriously pissed about this.

Anyone know the first name of their board representative on GFY?

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence

I like cocks better than you!
    LOL!

They emailed us yesterday wanting us back as a studio. I said no, I wouldn't be insulted. I feel better now that decision was made.

Pissed off, no. It just shows their intelligence level and why they have no traffic. Are they trying to shut themselves down?

lee, how surprising is that really? and it's not just about gay bashing - gfy is the board where a rep years ago posted that hitler did a good job but didn't go far enough.

some companies feel that drama is far more important than anything else because it gets them more attention.

Professional pervert
    Still getting a busy signal some 24 hours after I first tried to call. Does this company ever get off the phone?

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence

Professional pervert
    I just got done having an ICQ conversation with my affiliate manager at XonDemand, Rob. He listened to my concerns and said he had read the post. He also said as my affiliate manager he can and will address my concerns, whatever that means.

He also said that all posts, threads, blogs, comments, etc., are "not intended in any way to harm or offend anyone".

I fully understand that the poster's intention wasn't to piss off the gay community. People who make stupid and disrespectful comments don't see why people would get upset at what they say. That's why it's so annoying to those of us on the receiving end of us.

I pointed out that it's the stupidity rather than the intent that matters when people post comments like,""... you are a homo in training and undeniably a fag." To which he only responded again that he saw the post.

Anyway, it was after business hours here on the East Coast and he told me at the beginning of our conversation that he was only there for a moment before he left for the day. So we agreed to continue the conversation tomorrow or Monday (as I may not be around for much of tomorrow).

I'll let you know what I learn. Although right now, I'm thinking that XonDemand doesn't think of this as a very important issue.

--Aaron

PS, I asked my affiliate manager if it was him that posted the message. He didn't respond affirmatively or not. I'll be curious to know if it was him.
    Last edited by GayGeek; 07-09-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Forgot to type something
    Aaron Lawrence

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Rob is the *owner* of x-on-demand. He doesn't want people to know that, apparently, but he told a friend of mine that directly, and when you talk to him, he's always alluded to some mysterious "board of owners" that are not ever available... And whenever you hear that sort of thing, it's almost always BS of somebody wanting to shift responsiblity onto someone else.

Professional pervert
    Very interesting! Is Rob also the person who GFY boards? I'm guessing it very well may be.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence

Rob is a two faced liar. He will speak very nicely and sweet to your face, the second your not looking he'll backstab the hell out of you. That's the main reason we will not work with them because HE did it.
    He is who is claiming their "accounting" is late. He is who is claiming "someone else" posted that message. He is who is claiming that "they" are looking at going out of business.

If I told you the sky is blue right now, he'd agree, but the second I turn my back he'll go to you and say "it's black, but there's some white in those clouds, maybe a thunder cloud in sight somewhere, but nope - no blue."

They can't be trusted. To learn more about "Rob's" games, do a search on here only using the terms "XonDemand" and you'll get a nice eye full.

And the reason why they aren't as successful is because at least 85% of the DVDs they have up for VOD are out-dated. They only have a handful of DVDs up from new releases. Take a look. That's because they're petty $10.00 a month which doesn't even give you 3 gallons of gas just isn't worth it!

They love to get shit sturred. Then once that pot is boiling and the waters about to overflow they are gone. And you won't see them for a few months down the road. And they don't care WHO they burn.

And he's had to read all of the reactions from everyone there and acts like it don't even phase him! Here's his latest post:

http://www.gfyboard.com/showpost.php...0&postcount=37

I tried to post on GFY, had an account with them for over a year. My access has "expired." Perhaps someone or the gay community who can post on there should put in your reaction and how you feel.

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    I know this is a long shot, but gay webmasters here could drive traffic to my theater on XOD, and prove their business model - or this discussion - right or wrong.

http://theaters.xondemand.com/v2/Ind...?theaterID=896

I put my $0.02 there a couple days ago.

When a company uses the terms fagot, fag, homo, fairy, tinkerbelle, puffer, so queer, and gaylord in a post to describe a customer base that they want to do business with, you SERIOUSLY have to consider how utterly boneheaded they are to make such a senseless business decision and chose wisely to spread the word and never do business with them. $0.02
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    Yet we tolerate gay webmasters who steal cash and property from other gay webmasters...