Thread: Effective sponsors for TGPs

retrograde

Effective sponsors for TGPs

I have a TGP that gets about 500 unique visitors a day (low traffic, I know). However, I've not had much luck with signups.

Are there any sponsors out there that you've found convert well for generic gay TGPs?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    To be perfectly honest in my experience you can pretty much sell anything to tgp surfers so long as you get the marketing angle right of course for some its much easier than others

What i would suggest is to try out a few different sponsors, send around 1k to each of them using the same marketing technique and after that 1k has been sent to all of them figure out which one did best.

Then, do the same thing again, send 1k to each of them but this time try a different marketing approach again, after you have tried them all with the new angle see which worked the best and then use the top sponsors for the first and the second test in cncjunction with each other using an emalgamation of the two marketing techniques

Regards,

Lee

I have been finding that recently, my TGP surfers are joining up the old style sites (glossy splash page) more than the new reality style sites. Plus I get more TGP surfers joining specific niche sites like orgystuds and jockscocks, I guess they can't find enough of their niche in the TGP so they are willing to join a paysite to get it.

Do you have niche specific pages? If yes, make sure you are targeting them properly!

Cheers,
    Luke

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chilihost
    Do you have niche specific pages? If yes, make sure you are targeting them properly!
    Cheers,
    Luke
    Luke's got that one on the head!

Our best TGP guys have excellent targeting and using exclusive content on galleries that we provide they convert very well.

It should be noted that quantity is not necessary quality - 500 a day is fine if you can convert it, better than 3000 which is not converting at all.

Luke's advice could prove the difference.

My 2c

:bandana:

retrograde, can you post your URLs here? you will get better help if you can provide us with some samples.

thanks, mate!

Luke

retrograde
    http://tgp.retrograde.org is the TGP I made last year. I haven't done much with it since then aside from approve posts.

here is what I would do with it:
    - pop up a series of 20 or 30 thumbnail photos near the top and link those to hosted galleries or your own galleries, use a script to rotate those every hour or so to keep them fresh, call it the "best of" section
    - cut down on the number of galleries listed on your main page, then make archive pages. It looks like you are using autogallery, just enable that option and you instantly have archives for each category
    - increase your categories to include more specific niches like amateur, asian, etc.
    - make sure each archive page has targeted ads for sites, eg, put lots of asian niche ads on the asian page, etc.
    - grow your site a bit more, add in extra features like a "paysite review" section, feature the newest review on the front page and have an archive page setup with previous reviews. Do a new review every week or two (it only takes a few minutes), soon you will have a good collection
    - add in extra things as you go, maybe a blog, an AVS or free site section, etc, do one a week and eventually you will have a portal on your hands.

By expanding your site you should get the targeting opportunities and you will likely get better search engine rankings and more bookmarkers too. Hope that all helps...and I hope to see you sending some traffic to hunkmoney niche sites!

cheers,
    Luke