Thread: Ever Felt Is Just Wasn't Your Day/Week/Month/Year?

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

Ever Felt Is Just Wasn't Your Day/Week/Month/Year?

Arrrrggggggghhhhhhh !!!!!

Just recovered from a week and a half with no net, fucked PC's and annoyance and frustration beyond belief as I watched my workload get further and further behind.

At least I would have watched it had I been able to get a PC to work let alone get on the internet !!!

But my trusty business partners constantly reminded me.

So.....

I get this whiz kid in over the weekend, he fixes everything, gets me back online and helps me recover all my data.

BRILLIANT !!!

Ready to go Monday morning and hit the ground running... HARD !!!

Monday up bright and early, kids off to school and kindy.

Sit down to get cracking.

And then the phone rings.

Monday 9.20am.

My little boy's Kindergarten. He has hurt his leg. Can I come get him.

OK, not too concerned, because they didn't seem too concerned, but still felt for the little bloke so hightailed down the road to get him.

Got there. Looked at leg. Rang ambulance. Damn! His leg was DEFINITELY broke and I couldn't believe they didn't just ring the Ambulance already !!!!

Anyways...

Ambulance arrives. Paramedics poke and prod. Mate screams.

Get to Hospital. Triage nurse pokes and prods. Nate screams again.

Doctor comes along - pokes and prods. Nate screams again, LOUDER.

Orthopeadic surgeon arrives. I scream. He leaves little fella alone and orders X-Ray. At last!!!

Down to X-Ray. Radiologist pokes and prods (she did try hard not too, but had to position the leg to check it all out), little guy screams.

Ortho checks out x-ray. Spiral fracture of the femur. Bad one. One of the worst he has seen apparently. 2 to 4 weeks in traction then 8 weeks in a cast from his chest to his ankles.

Can we bear in mind here that the poor little guy is only 4 years old.

Ortho orders pain relief (at LONG last), and lots of it.

Morphine injected, Valium and dazzle prescribed, little fella begins to settle down.

Surgeon asks if I would mind if he gave Nathan a nerve block in the leg to kill all feeling so they can reset it and put it in traction.

I told him if he didn't he had better give me one from the neck because if anyone else hurts my boy they will be in traction for a LOT longer than 2 weeks.

Ortho agrees and administers neural block.

They move Nate to the ward. Nurses there BRILLIANT. 5 of them reset, splinted and put leg in traction. Natahn balling his eyes out of course, but more from the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder of the entire mornings "post and prod" antics. Led set, traction up and he starts to settle down (more morphine and valium probably more to thank for that).

As an side, how come the Doctors do the easy stuff and then the Nurse's do the real job? Go figure.

By this time it is 4pm.

I leave and go and pick up out little girl, take her home, get her sorted, and take her to the hospital to see her little Bro. Take Maddy home. Put her to bed. Go back to hospital.

He has relaxed (drugs again!!) and Leisa has crashed and burned after watching her son get hammered all day long.

More X-rays show resetting, splinting and traction done it's job - leg straight and should heal well.

Thank God for small mercies - no surgery required.

11pm.

Now if only he would sleep.

What? Another problem?

He hasn't pissed all day. Drugs aren't helping (neither was the trauma of the day's events I bet). Distended bladder. No piss in next hour they need to use a catheter.

Hour passes. No action south of the border.

I almost needed restraints as I watched my little 4 year old get a fucking straw shoved up the eye of his penis with NO ANAESTHETIC. It is NOT for the faint hearted.

Broke my heart.

And his mother's.

All over for the night about 1am.

So Leisa is up the hospital with him pretty much fulltime (stays there at night) until he is out, and I look after his sister and get up there during the day so she can do some work and get out for a while.

So if you are chasing me over the next couple of weeks, please be patient and understanding.

I am just waiting for the next saga in my and my families life......

Jason
    i'll keep you all in my prayers and be sure to send some healing energy out for your boy.

Rainbo1956
    Damn bro....how traumatic for you and your lil guy (whole family)
    I really feel for your son (I'm sure I would have flipped)

Makes my rotten days (years) seem like a breeze.
    When I hear of a lil one getting hurt like that, it breaks my heart.
    He'll heal great...you'll probably take longer to get over it than him...

Best wishes and quick recovery for him!

Len

Thanks guys...

I think that is the genesis of my rant...

I could do nothing except watch and couldn't take away his pain and make it all better.

In fairness all the people involved were pretty damn good, doing their jobs and doing them well, it was just so damn hard !!!

Appreciate your thoughts!!

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorry to hear that dude

Regards,

Lee

Guys,

The little bloke would have wanted you all to know:

"Look Daddy, me wee all by meself"

No more catheters!

Just another 2 weeks in traction and 8 more then in a plaster cast from chest to ankle. Fun and gams to come, so boy-o-boy watch out when I get to Florida !!!!!!

Thanks again for your thoughts.

:bandana:

BDBionic
    As horrible as I can't even imagine it all being, thank goodness little kids are resilient and tough as nails.
    The kinds of stuff little kids are able to bounce back from would put the rest of us in to therapy for years on end! hehe

I'm sorry to hear about all that and will keep my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery - for the little guy and his parents! :groovy: