Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ Some People

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

LOL @ Some People

So i just received an email for some programming work someone wants us to do for them.

Here is what the email said..

hi i need a new script how much will it cost?
    Now call me old fashioned but arent they supposed to explain what the script is supposed to do first before asking for a price? LOL

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    hehehe you should submit that to this site:

guaranteed laughs

Jasun
    Don't you wish that there was a way you could send back an email that when opened, would produce a big hand that would reach out of the screen and back-hand the clueless user on the other side?

actaully, Lee, how much for a script that does THAT?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Haha you could probably setup an autoresponder that scans the content of the email for no message and just have it send an auto reply

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Don't you wish that there was a way you could send back an email that when opened, would produce a big hand that would reach out of the screen and back-hand the clueless user on the other side?

actaully, Lee, how much for a script that does THAT?
    Ha ha ha.

I'll go halves in that cost Jasun!!

:bandana:

Scorpio
    That's what i feel when i get: "I need a design, how much?"

Rainbo1956
    Maybe they thought you were psychic! hehehe

BDBionic
    I think the best one I ever got from a client was:

"Well, you say you put the new metatags in last week. But I'm still not number 1 in the search engines. I want my money back."

:eek:

Runnerups include:

Client - "Well, I'm still not seeing results."
    Me - "It can take awhile for the changes I made to register with the search engines and take effect."
    Client - "What changes? I see no changes."
    Me - "The new pages. The format changes. The next I added. All of the things described on the invoices."
    Client - "Oh. I took those out."
    Me - "... ... ..."

Client - "I want ******.com and ******.com in my keyword tags."
    Me - "You can't really do that. They're copyrighted. You could get sued."
    Client - "Then be sure not to put ******.com and ******.com in my keyword tags. I don't want to get sued."
    Me - "um... ok... thanks?"

*2 weeks after a complete and total, top to bottom redesign of a website done at the request of the client*
    Client - "I was looking at my site today and... well I kind of miss the old one. So can we change it back? Undo all of the changes that were made and just reuse the old version."
    Me - "Well... we could..."
    Client - "Great! And so you won't bill me for the redesign right? Because we didn't use it."

rick
    Or ... "hi, I can't login to your website" when you have 20+ sites and NO clue which one they can't get into....

BDBionic
    I got one from a visitor to my site.

"Hey I can't login to your site!"

... it's a free site with no login/membership. :eek:

rick
    "I paid for a password to your site and it won't work and I want my money back and I'm going to call my bank and cancel the charge and tell everyone how you ripped me off"

They signed up at a sponsor's site.

Jasun
    I don't have any that silly for web design, but when I worked in Purchasing for HMV, I had somebody call me up and tell me that they couldn't get the Laser Disc to play.

I asked all sorts of questions about how it was hooked up to the TV.. they said it had worked before... then complained that the needle was scratching it. The stupid idiot had put it on their vinyl turntable and just turned on the TV.

Oh, and I once got asked if I could call up Warner and ask them to print a copy of Fleetwood Mac's "Rumors" without "You make Loving Fun" because she already had that on another CD and didn't want to pay for it again.

adonis69
    Originally posted by rick
    Or ... "hi, I can't login to your website" when you have 20+ sites and NO clue which one they can't get into....

LoL. . . . maybe they're too afraid to offend you guys :smarmy:

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by rick
    "I paid for a password to your site and it won't work and I want my money back and I'm going to call my bank and cancel the charge and tell everyone how you ripped me off"

They signed up at a sponsor's site.

That has to be my favorite message! I get them all the time. I always think it's for one of our paysites... until you ask a little more.

The last one I recieved was emailing me through Gaylinxxx and actually was bitching to me about a membership he bought from an ad on Men on the Net. When I finally got this guy to realize he needed to talk to the membership site, he admited that he thought Gaylinxxx was a Men on the Net site because I had a link on the front page... Huh?

It's baffling sometimes LOL

GA

Originally posted by Scorpio
    That's what i feel when i get: "I need a design, how much?"
    Yep ... can sure relate to that one!!

... you mean you can't read minds yet and SEE the website in their head????? LOL