Thread: Want A Gay President?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Want A Gay President?

(Washington) Chrissy Gephardt and Keith Boykin threw their pink hats into the political ring Tuesday announcing they are running for President. Gephardt is the lesbian daughter of former presidential candidate Dick Gephardt (D-Missouri), Boykin is an African American gay activist and journalist.

They are among 12 "candidates" who will vie for fictional office on a new reality TV show.

"American Candidate" will air on Showtime and producers say it will be based on "Survivor" a hit on Showtime's big brother network CBS.

Chrissy Gephard is a mental health worker who is active in National Stonewall Democrats and worked on her father's bid for the White House. Dick Gephard dropped out of the race in January but is being touted as a potential running mate for John Kerry.

Earlier this year Chrissy's parents joined PFLAG. In a March speech to the group in Washington Dick Gephardt roasted President George Bush for the president's support of a constitutional amendment to bar gay marriage.

"I must tell you I am ashamed when top leaders in this country and citizens of this country and even the president of the United States suggest to the people of this country that there should be an amendment to the constitution to take away rights from people rather than giving rights to people," Gephardt said. (story)

Boykin kicked off his campaign Tuesday night with a speech at the LGBT Community Center in New York.

A graduate of the Harvard Law School, Boykin served as a special assistant to President Clinton and is the president of the National Black Justice Coalition.

Whether either Gephardt or Boykin will win the imaginary White House will be up to TV viewers.

Showtime, in a media release, says the program will look at the decision-making process and strains of political campaigns. Each week, candidates will plot campaign strategy, campaign for support, respond to e-mails from viewers and make statements aimed at getting public support.

At the end of each episode, viewers can vote for their favorite candidate. At the end of the 10 week series there will be a showdown between the final two candidates left standing.

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/06/060804gepRun.htm

As much as i think this whole concept is a joke this could get interesting :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    The depressing thing is that more people will vote in this election than the actual Presidential election.

This planet needs an enema.

(exit Jasun looking for Don)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Jasun
    The depressing thing is that more people will vote in this election than the actual Presidential election.
    I know

The government should offer a prize to one lucky voter if the guy they picked for president won

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    a gay president would get shot within 30 days of taking office