Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reminiscing Thread - Remember Back To When You Were A Kid...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Reminiscing Thread - Remember Back To When You Were A Kid...

What TV shows did you watch that they dont air nowadays?

Just been talking with Jasun on AIM and he mentioned a couple of good ones

So what was your favorite kids TV show that i no longer being aired?

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Starts and ends with the Flintstones.

If it was on, I would still watch it.

:bandana:

Jason
    Transformers, M.A.S.K., ThunderCats, He-Man, KidBits, HotFudge, Voltron, SilverHawks

But one of my favorites that nobody else seems to remember was "Battle of the Planets"

I loved that show.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by 123Jason
    But one of my favorites that nobody else seems to remember was "Battle of the Planets"

I loved that show.
    I don't know if it was a timing thing or not, Jason. I watched this show too, but it was called G-Force. Then went off the air and after 5 years came back on a Battle of the Planets (under it's real name and it made more sense LOL).

I would have said I missed the old Saturday shows like Shazam, Isis, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl... but we just found them on the Cartoon Network late at night. And I do miss the old cartoon versions of Batman, Aquaman, Thor, SubMariner and the like. I was a super hero freak!

LOL

Gary-Alan

Jasun
    OK, GAry... that's funny, cuz when I was a kid (about 11) I was writing a screen play for a G-Force movie. I was gonna write the part of Keyop for myself. Keyop, depending on the version you saw, was either Princess's little brother, or an andriod.

But what I liked most was there were two hunky guys who's names were Jason and Mark. So when people needed help, they'd shout "JASON! MARK!"

and my full name just happens to be Jasun Mark. Which, always was kinda cool.

Originally posted by Jasun
    OK, GAry... that's funny, cuz when I was a kid (about 11) I was writing a screen play for a G-Force movie. I was gonna write the part of Keyop for myself. Keyop, depending on the version you saw, was either Princess's little brother, or an andriod.

But what I liked most was there were two hunky guys who's names were Jason and Mark. So when people needed help, they'd shout "JASON! MARK!"

and my full name just happens to be Jasun Mark. Which, always was kinda cool.
    The version I saw they were all orphans; and, Keyop was Princess' little brother. I'm not sure on this but I think his name wasn't Keyop in the version I saw.

And he didn't really talk, he cooed like a pigeon - it wasn't until the show reemerged as Battle of the Planets that Keyop even spoke.

If I shout, 'Jason! Mark!' now, will you cum to my aid? LOL

GA

Jasun
    Only if you pronouce it "Jasun" and not "Jason".

I'm really touchy about that now.

OH... and some of you may remember my favorite soap opera ever... STAR BLAZERS. It was about a bunch of twenty-something astronaughts defending Earth 500 years in the future.

In fact... the bad guy in the first season was named Deslock... so we may have a fan here.

rick
    I was around before Sesame Street and Barney (NO old jokes here, Kiwi!) but I remember Romper Room (ok, BARELY remember it!), Captain Kangaroo, Lost In Space, Batman ...

Back then as kids we didn't watch a lot of TV, we were out playing right after school, home for supper, then out in front of the house until it got dark.

OH... and some of you may remember my favorite soap opera ever... STAR BLAZERS. It was about a bunch of twenty-something astronaughts defending Earth 500 years in the future.

In fact... the bad guy in the first season was named Deslock... so we may have a fan here.
    Dude! We watched the same shit! I love that show. I left it out of my original post because so many people don't remember that one. The converted battleship and the Star Force... Damn I need to find that on DVD or something. LOL

Back then as kids we didn't watch a lot of TV, we were out playing right after school, home for supper, then out in front of the house until it got dark.
    You know, rick, we did too. But most of these shows were one before school for me or right before dinner when I was supposed to be doing my home work LOL And in between all of that we were outside playing... Actually we would play superhereos and then go in for dinner and dose up on the toons LOL

Ahhh those were fun days!

GA

Jasun
    You know what? I've got ALL THREE seasons on DVD.

three big boxes.

Which pretty much proves that I'm such a geek, I'll never find love.

snif.

Rainbo1956
    Originally posted by rick
    I was around before Sesame Street and Barney (NO old jokes here, Kiwi!) but I remember Romper Room (ok, BARELY remember it!), Captain Kangaroo, Lost In Space, Batman ...

Same here.
    I got to go home for lunch from school, so I do remember watching parts of after noon movies (Like Tarzan...my fav!) a show thingy that was put on with Cassy Jones (I think was only in Minnesota)

Another one, Lost In Space...sheesh, now I'm starting to feel to damn old...

RainGurl
    FAME!!!

Jason
    Originally posted by RainGurl
    FAME!!!
    ...i'm gonna live forever....

thanks girl...now i'm gonna have that in my head all day!

you know what else i miss...Buck Rogers

You know what? I've got ALL THREE seasons on DVD.

three big boxes.

Which pretty much proves that I'm such a geek, I'll never find love.

snif.
    Dude I'm going to get all three season and I found love We geeks find each other... LMAO

Now I need to find where I can get these LOL Amazon here I come LMAO

GA

Originally posted by RainGurl
    FAME!!!
    Wow! we get the reruns here. And that show brings me back to my acting days. And ya wanna talk about a gay geek?! I was in a theater group and we dressed like the kids in Fame when we had dance practice! (how embarassing!!!!)

Giggle,
    GA