Thread: Review Site Scripts - What Features Should I Be Looking For?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Review Site Scripts - What Features Should I Be Looking For?

So im wanting to get a couple of really small review sites up and running but im really at a loss as to what sort of features i should be looking for in such a script.

Obviously i know im going to need a screengrab of the site bein reviewed, a place to write the review text itself and also some type of 'score' feature but, other than that i really dont know what i should be looking for.

Any of you folks that run review sites, could you give me some pointers on features i need to be looking for and also, post links to any review site scripts you use currently?

The primary thing im looking for no matter about the other features is that is has to be written in PHP and use MySQL to handle all of the data on the review sites.

So, what else should i be looking for feature with for a review site script please?

Regards,

Lee

If they're small sites I would just install wordpress and use the categories for the niche names, and add one of those star rating plugins to show a 1 thru 5 ranking, or skip that and use a set of numbered "buttons" to show up to the left of the start of the review. You will probably find that a copy and paste "table" of set features (membership fee, trials, DRM, etc) will give you a nice layout and make it easy to edit when adding another review.

Also, this is the ONLY adult oriented review script I know of, and I've been searching for them regularly for six years now. This one's from the guys over at Mech Bunny Media

http://www.paysitereviewcms.com/

All the people I review for have hired programmers to create custom review site scripts that they use... I'm not sure what commerical software scripts there might be
    :pinkylove:Sex is like air, you don't notice you need it until you don't have any!:pinkylove:

Well thats actually one of the reasons i want to know what features i should be looking for, not sure if im going to be able to find a script i like off-the-shelf or if im going to have to get a solution custom programmed.

Im kind of hoping i will be able to find something that meets my needs off-the-shelf but if not, custom works too LOL

That Mech Bunny script looks good, any of you folks used it? If you have is there anything missing from it that you think it should have?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That Mech Bunny script looks good, any of you folks used it? If you have is there anything missing from it that you think it should have?

Regards,

Lee

I do have it, and I just haven't had time to really add the reviews yet, so I don't know what features are missing. I do know that I had asked about parent/child options for the categories, and that wasn't part of the nav system at that time.

What do you mean parent/child?

Like this...

Gay
    Gay > Twink
    Gay > Twink > Uncut

Or something else?

Regards,

Lee

Yes, exactly, deep linking abilities.

Okay cool, i thought thats what you meant but figured i should double check haha

Regards,

Lee

Another way of saying it is you want unlimited subcategories. You also want to be able to list a review into more than one categorie's sub category at the same time. Say you do a review for College Twinks, but it fits amateur, and cumshots, and fratboys, and twinks ... you want to be able to post that review to all of those without resubmitting the material half a dozen times.