Thread: .Gay a possible new TLD in 2010.

I'm not gay; I'm British!

Check It Out .Gay a possible new TLD in 2010.

http://www.dotgay.com/
    http://www.domainsoftheworld.info/archives/001159.html
    The initiative for the top-level domain .GAY is supported by dotGAY, a non profit organization headquartered in Palm Springs, USA.

The application for this new tld will be filed in 2010 with ICANN.
    .GAY will be a top level domain for the Gay community around the world. Domain names like travel.gay, civilrights.gay, art.gay can then be registered.
    ---------------------------------
    Do we really need our own TLD extension to let the world know that a site is gay? I think the TLD is ridiculous. :hmm: What do you think of it? and would you grab a domain for yourself if it does pass, and the prices were reasonable?

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    No... I don't even want to think about it... and no thanks, not even for free.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    no

it all starts as a "place to be" and suddenly you find yourself in a convict uniform with a pink triangle on your shirt being marched off to the gas chambers - DACHAU nazi concentration camp 1933

the world is segregated enough aren't we suppose to be coming together as one? - longboardjim

jim

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    no

it all starts as a "place to be" and suddenly you find yourself in a convict uniform with a pink triangle on your shirt being marched off to the gas chambers - DACHAU nazi concentration camp 1933

the world is segregated enough aren't we suppose to be coming together as one? - longboardjim

jim
    Have to agree with you ... I get so tired of "labels".

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    No way. Like Bec, I hate labels and if this ever became a reality, others would use such a label to create more problems for us. We have enough problems and challenges we face, no need to create more.

Bill

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    I dont know if i would use it

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    I agree
    Absolutely would not use a .gay domain even if it was free.

Can totally see states in the bible belt banning sites and ISPs blocking even harmless content.

GWW Community Member Red Bag Paul's Avatar
    WOW are you serious!?

that is the worst idea ever! we are already treated like second class citizens! we do not need yet another reminder of how segregated we are from the rest of the world! I am the GSA President at my school and it is hard enough getting the S-Straight part of the membership even developed. as soon as people hear gay they get very defensive as if simply stating that work is a threat to their manhood or women hood! WTF!? Why is it ok for me to talk about banging a girl but if i talked about banging a guy i could potentially be stoned to death!?

LOL wow sorry! haha got a little carried away there!! just makes me mad!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    But... keep in mind, ICANN just opened a can of worms and is now going to allow ANY tld that anyone wants to set up

You could have .gay .elbow, .nosebleed, .asswipe, .microsoft, or whatever.

Which... conveniently also means that the sleazebags who have been trying to ram .xxx down our throats will probably succeed.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    But... keep in mind, ICANN just opened a can of worms and is now going to allow ANY tld that anyone wants to set up

You could have .gay .elbow, .nosebleed, .asswipe, .microsoft, or whatever.

Which... conveniently also means that the sleazebags who have been trying to ram .xxx down our throats will probably succeed.
    .XXX has already been re-submitted late last month.

Regards,

Lee