Im always seeing posts on boards (gay and straight) from program owners saying they get bombarded with emails from their surfers/members with complaints, feedback, billing issues, etc about their sites but i really dont understand why some of these programs are getting as many emails as they claim.

I know on Condom Cash, in the last 3.5 yrs, I can count on one hand the amount of emails surfers/members have actually sent to me, and im wondering if that is because on the sites there are clear links for 'support' and 'tech support' that go to either CCBill directly, or to our tech support pages?

From the limited experiences ive had with members having tech issues, simply sending them to the 'tech support' page we have for all of our sites fixes the problems for them, as i never hear back from them again and likewise, the 2 emails i have had about billing issues, after sending them to CCBills customer support area, i never heard back from these individuals again.

Do you think some of these program owners hear from their customers so much because they dont have a structure in place for the surfer/member to actually find the support they need on their own, either by linking to their processors support pages, or having a technical support page setup to allow the surfer/member to fix their problems on their own?

It would seem to me that is a program owner is spending an hour or so a week answering emails from their surfers/members, that is an hour they could be using to do more productive things, like make more money.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee