Thread: what else makes money?

GWW Community Member Red Bag Paul's Avatar

what else makes money?

so i now most people build sites and then hope for someone to buy from that site. What other ways are there to make money in this industry other than just building sites. just curious. Thanks!

:bobby:

the biggest way is to advertise someone else's sites and make money from advertising...for instance, look at this forum or any of a billion ad-sense sites.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

GWW Community Member Red Bag Paul's Avatar
    very cool Thanks!

I have been hearing a lot about blogs. How do they work and are they worth the time?

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    DudeTubeOnline is a good example of a blog done right. The guy who owns the site started in 2007 (originally started as a free blog on blogspot.com) and it makes him good money now. Not sure how much but it's a full time income that has allowed him to quit his day job (I talked to him on AIM a few months ago about his blog).

Most of his video content comes from free tube sites, he just uses the embed codes. So his site is pretty low key, but it makes him great money. I think he said he spends maybe an hour max on the site each day (doesn't work on the weekends).

Ahhhh - simple innocent newbie questions! How refreshing :high:

Yes, blogs can be worth it. I personally consider them a dynamic free site variation in that they update, where a static free site does not. Plus g**gle seems to be loving blogs and giving them really good SE positioning.