Thread: Company Names?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Company Names?

I was wondering what you folks thought about company name endings, specifically, when it comes to words such as...

Investments
    Productions
    Solutions
    Corporation
    Media
    Ventures
    Partners
    Etc
    Etc...

Do you think one of the above words works better for an online company name than another?

Im actually trying to come up with another 2 or 3 company names right now and im actually drawing a blank for the first time in years.

Regards,

Lee

Professional pervert
    Both of my companies have Enterprises after their name. GayGeek, for example, is Geek Enterprises.

I like Enterprises as it gives you a great deal of flexibility in what you do.

--Aaron
    Aaron Lawrence
    Webmaster, GayGeek: Smart reviews of gay adult websites

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    i like enterprises as well it just sounds good

We incorporated several years ago - but I only use the .inc for business correspondence offline. I prefer not using the .inc on our websites since I've always thought it sounds too formal and impersonal to surfers.

Productions
    Solutions
    Corporation
    Media

would be ones I have, or would, opt to use.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    "group" and "partners" are business names I've always liked simply because they were vague. "enterprises" always sounded sort of small-time to me though now with all the talk about "enterprise-class applications" I guess my perception may be outdated.

On the other hand, one of our companies is called "Janky Media, LLC"

I'm not gay; I'm British! closer's Avatar
    Solutions
    Media
    Partners

Quote Originally Posted by GayGeek View Post
    Both of my companies have Enterprises after their name. GayGeek, for example, is Geek Enterprises.

I like Enterprises as it gives you a great deal of flexibility in what you do.

--Aaron
    I don't know about elsewhere, but here in Canada once you incorporate you're entitled to use numerous company names under the parent incorporation title.

It falls under the "also known as..."

For instance, we're a numbered Ontario corporation, but we operate under several variations of Kastle Archives Productions, KAP Inc, etc. If we open a non-adult, mainstream division of the company it can operate under an entirely separate identity but still fall under the parent corporation.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    In your list, "Media" seems to refer most to an online business. But so many different businesses are online today that it may not matter.

IMveryHO, I'd focus on how the word aptly represents the feel, character, and function of the company. Some words have a more corporate feel, other more inventive and creative, conservative, experimental.

It's the same issue I'm going through now myself...what to name my business.

I like cocks better than you!
    Truthfully, I don't see the purpose of creating so many corporations for doing things of the similar nature.

We were NoW @ ONE Entertainment. That got shut down in March when we incorporated under Sebastian's Studios, INC.

In the later part of last year we brought out Nor-Tri Media.

The difference is:
    NoW @ ONE Ent. did film production, webmastering sites, photography, things like that.

When we brought out the VOD site, that's when Nor-Tri Media came into play because we were representing other producers.

Now like some such as Pacific Sun... (left a bad taste in my mouth)....
    Pacific Sun Entertainment produces or pays producers.

Pacific Sun Entertainment also distributes.

So there's 2 different entities.

But if your doing the same thing or closely different... Why different companies? You'll have to pay more in taxes.

Why not create different divisions?

Like we are:
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Dudes In Heat Media
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Studs In Heat Media
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Bare Naked Males
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Bareback Media

So on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by derekt View Post
    Truthfully, I don't see the purpose of creating so many corporations for doing things of the similar nature.

We were NoW @ ONE Entertainment. That got shut down in March when we incorporated under Sebastian's Studios, INC.

In the later part of last year we brought out Nor-Tri Media.

The difference is:
    NoW @ ONE Ent. did film production, webmastering sites, photography, things like that.

When we brought out the VOD site, that's when Nor-Tri Media came into play because we were representing other producers.

Now like some such as Pacific Sun... (left a bad taste in my mouth)....
    Pacific Sun Entertainment produces or pays producers.

Pacific Sun Entertainment also distributes.

So there's 2 different entities.

But if your doing the same thing or closely different... Why different companies? You'll have to pay more in taxes.

Why not create different divisions?

Like we are:
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Dudes In Heat Media
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Studs In Heat Media
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Bare Naked Males
    Sebastian's Studios, INC. dba Bareback Media

So on and so forth.
    Although I was referring to different divisions under the same corporation, there actually is some good tax advice for creating at least two corporations.

For instance, one corporation can be the property and building owner, while the second rents from the first. This is a fairly common practice.

i.e. - good friends of ours operate an adult novelty store in Niagara Falls. The wife operates her business paying rent to her husband's company that owns the property and building. Collectively they're able to write much more off on their taxes at year's end.