Thread: Some example Sites?

GWW Community Member Red Bag Paul's Avatar

Some example Sites?

Hey so to get a better understanding of what i should be thinking about when creating a new website and all...could you guys maybe share a good successful site you have created? I would love to gets some visuals of success!

This would really help a lot!! Thanks!

:cheerleader:

Sure...check out Scrunts Male BDSM - although we only reg'd the domain a short while back...it's existed since 2000 as a sub-domain.

It's done very well for us over the years.

I'm not gay; I'm British! closer's Avatar
    If you're looking for "good successful sites" then you shouldn't have to ask the names but know them already, or heard of them before, those are the ones you're looking after!

So all the sites that pop in your mind

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Given what Paul has been talking about, I'm going to place my chips on "he means 'freesite' or 'gallery'...".

Was it here that folks were talking about starting a forum for tutorial type threads? Sometimes the boards blur together...

what kind of site are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bag Paul View Post
    Hey so to get a better understanding of what i should be thinking about when creating a new website and all...could you guys maybe share a good successful site you have created? I would love to gets some visuals of success!

This would really help a lot!! Thanks!

:cheerleader:

GWW Community Member Red Bag Paul's Avatar
    hey sry!! i meant free sites and galleries! Sry about that!

:chicken:

Quote Originally Posted by closer View Post
    If you're looking for "good successful sites" then you shouldn't have to ask the names but know them already, or heard of them before, those are the ones you're looking after!
    There are various degrees of success.

A website doesn't necessarily have to be a household name known to everyone to be successful.

I can think of a few off the top of my head you've likely never heard of, but I know for fact have been extremely successful and made healthy revenues for the owners.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

So all the sites that pop in your mind
    Paul is new to the biz ... so please share some sites you consider successful.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGuy View Post
    There are various degrees of success.
    True that, but then any site can be claimed a success that makes a positive revenue ... just not my definition of successful :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Paul is new to the biz ...
    Didn't know, I'm new to this board and still have to get into the who's who.

True that, but then any site can be claimed a success that makes a positive revenue ... just not my definition of successful :glasses:
    I tend to think revenue is only one way of measuring the success of a website.

You can also look at the longevity of the site and the overall enjoyment the paying members get from it.

Not everyone who owns/operates a website is an expert in marketing/promotion/SEO and therefore don't always succeed in making it a household name known to everyone. Or they simply don't have the time required to constantly brand the website into everyone minds (or a small army of employees to handle promotion).

Consider that there are literally millions of adult websites out there these days - and a very limited number of prime search engine results. Everyone competing for prime placement in the top slots. Obviously not everyone is going to get noticed no matter how great their website actually is.

But that doesn't diminish what could be considered it's overall success over the years.

My two cents.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

Didn't know, I'm new to this board and still have to get into the who's who.

Yes, I realize that, and it's why I clarified the situation a tad. Nice to have you onboard btw.