Thread: Coding your site(s) for different languages

Coding your site(s) for different languages

I read recently that in the next 5-10 years China is going to emerge as having the highest percentage of web users on the planet.

So I'm wondering how many of you are preparing in advance and exploring the idea of offering your site(s) in different languages to take advantage of this new market.

We've been noticing a rise in our stats showing more eastern traffic in the past two years (or so) - despite our sites being available only in english. I'm wondering if investing the time and money to have the sites translated to specifically target eastern countries would be worthwhile.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Translation of your sites to foreign languages is definitely a great way of increasing traffic and revenue streams so long as you are offering a method for this international traffic to join your site.

We actually started the industries first adult translation company back when nobody was actually thinking about their international traffic and have worked for several of the industries top names including AEBN, Platinum Bucks, ARS, etc if you are serious about translating your sites I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further

Regards,

Lee

GWW Newbie..Be Nice.. Gayboys4fun's Avatar
    Maleflixxx.tv offers surfers a fully localized network now, in 7 Currencies and 7 Languages. Chinese being the latest addition.

Regards,

Adrian.
    http://www.gayboys4u.eu/live-video-chat_125x125.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Translation of your sites to foreign languages is definitely a great way of increasing traffic and revenue streams so long as you are offering a method for this international traffic to join your site.

We actually started the industries first adult translation company back when nobody was actually thinking about their international traffic and have worked for several of the industries top names including AEBN, Platinum Bucks, ARS, etc if you are serious about translating your sites I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further

Regards,

Lee
    Cool - you were in on the ground floor back in the day. I'll be sure to keep your translation service in mind, most definitely.

Thanks Lee.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

I am totally interested in translating our websites, unfortunately translation services are always so prohibitively expensive.

Lee, what are your rates, approximately, for a normal index / tour / join page site?
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Luke,

Depends on to many factors for me to be able to say '$X amount' unfortunately as it depends on what im going to be charged by my guys (most of them work for a mainstream translation firm so they get work regularly from them also) at the time and how much existing work each of them has, if they have existing work and time isnt a factor, costs will be cheaper than if they have existing work and you want a rush job doing.

Pricing also depends on whether you want a designer to redo your graphics or if you are just wanting the text translated for your own graphics guys to use on graphics, etc, etc...

PM me a site url and i should be able to give you a ballpark figure based on a single site, in to however many languages you would like (I typically suggest German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Danish and Japanese and/or Chinese) and whether you need the members areas and join pages doing etc...

Regards,

Lee

Thanks, Lee, coincidentally I was chatting with my Brazilian friend yesterday and she is keen on picking up some work so I think I will be getting her to do Spanish and Portuguese translations
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Be carefull with the same person doing both Spanish and Portuguese... They are two very different languages and Brazillian Portuguese is a LOT different to the language they speak in Portugal.

I learnt this the hard way LOL

Regards,

Lee