Thread: Thumbnails Question For Free Sites / Galleries...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Thumbnails Question For Free Sites / Galleries...

What are your folks experiences when it comes to the dimension of thumbnails on free sites and galleries, specifically, do you go with a landscape/portrait style thumb or do you tend to use 'square' thumbs that link to the larger pic?

I have to admit i have never really used square thumbs as they seemed to take more time to create than regular landscape/portrait thumbs based off the full sized image so im curious to know if having 'square' thumbs impacts clicks or the overall appeal of the free site or gallery, anyone tested using multiple thumb styles and if so, what conclusion did you come to about using standard thumbs vs. squares?

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    My seat of the pants sense was that square thumbs slightly reduced the profitability of galleries.

It was a strong enough effect that I tend to only use square thumbs occassionally.

It was however not a rigorous survey, just a sense.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thats actually the same reason i havent used square thumbs, my gut tells me they wont actually do much but at the same time, they are much easier to work with design wise

Regards,

Lee