Thread: Do You Think Affiliates Have Put A Lot Of Paysite Owners...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Do You Think Affiliates Have Put A Lot Of Paysite Owners...

Off from posting on the message boards about serious business related topics?

A good example of this would be 3-4 years ago, almost every major program owner posted on multiple boards, Mark De and Becky from ARS for example posted on a whole bunch of different webmaster forums, giving affiliates and newer program owners some great information and advice.. Without asking for anything in return.

Nowadays however it seems that for the most part, affiliates typically only want to talk with a program owner when they want to bitch and moan about stuff (i can understand why they post on boards) but it seems like over the past few years as webmaster forums have become more of a soap box to rant and rave at program owners, the people who really matter, ie, the people who own and operate many of the programs we all promote (not just affiliate reps) have taken a major step back from posting on public forums.

Do you think this is because the boards have become to saturated by individuals just looking to bitch and moan about programs rather than wanting to understand how and why a program owner does something not to the affiliates liking?

I remember when ARS started paying affiliates less for console free tours, it seemed like everyone and their mother was up in arms about this, but nobody wanted to listen to the reason why they were getting paid less at the time, yet nowadays its standard practice to pay affiliates less per sale if the tour they are promoting doesnt have console in use.

Using just the above as an example, do you think the fact that affiliates have become much more vocal and opinionated as to what is 'good' and what is 'bad' for business has put off a lot of people from posting who actually could be helping us all make more money in the long run?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

I miss their imput, I really do. Do you think it has anything to do with the same folks on the same boards for several years now? We really aren't seeing a lot of 'new blood' as far as affiliates looking for or needing startup advice for various marketing venues.

having someone on staff to post on forums is a luxury that is no longer afforded by most affiliate programs due to cuts in profits in the overall biz.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay?
    I don't think affiliates have become more opinionated or vocal than they were before. I do think that the amount of tips and advice that is both relevant and useful is not what it was before. In an industry as tight as this one has gotten, no one wants to share what works for fear it will be copied verbatim and sooner or later will no longer work.

I try to post on boards when I see someone asking about something that I know I can be helpful with. But my only real use for boards is to find affiliates looking to promote sites and products I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    In an industry as tight as this one has gotten, no one wants to share what works for fear it will be copied verbatim and sooner or later will no longer work.
    I tend to think that's very true at times.

Back in the late 90s when we started - we had a novelty aspect to our content. Our main site featured what we called 'fantasy photoart illustrations' - basically they were realistic, high-quality images featuring bdsm/fetish models composited in to sci-fi/horror background scenes. At the time we were among very few who were creating these types of photos and we enjoyed a LOT of traffic because of them.

But these days there's a glut of photo artists creating similiar images (and some with better talent) - and overall interest has waned. We shifted gears and veered away from doing the composites mostly because we felt we just couldn't compete any longer in the expanding market.

With that experience behind us - we're somewhat hesitant these days to openly exploit new ideas and concepts among fellow webmasters in an effort to maximize and prolong the exclusiveness of the ideas.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    Anyone can talk to me any time. You want a higher PPS for more traffic, whatever..let me know and we'll make it happen.