Thread: do you use free sponsors content

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

do you use free sponsors content

i have started using paid content on my sites for the last few months and i am kind of confused about it because i was told that if i used boughted content i should be making more sales than if i was keeping on using free sponsor content but it doesnt look like i actually am making more sales than i was while i was using sponsors content.

is it really needed to keep buying content or do you use free sponsors content for your sites as well?

One problem with using paid content is that the surfer will join the site looking for more of the content that you used to get him to join and when he doesn't find that content on the pay site they will a lot of times charge back or refund the membership.

Useing the sponsors content he will find the content on the site and refunds /charge backs will be very low

Just my 2 cents

itchy||@||gaytronix.com

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Yep, i think the same. It's better to use sponsor's content. Then the surfer won't be disappointed If you need fresh content from the sponsor you can always ask them for the member's access to get that content.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

I believe that the whole deal around using purchased content came about as more and more tgp owners got sick of seeing the same sets being used in the galleries over and over and over again, and were refusing to list them. Sponsor content often was a handful of very old sets, and they never got updated. Over the past couple years I'm seeing a whole attitude change in that sponsors are now providing good quality, current content in a variety of formats and delivery methods. I'm sure the demand for clips and pics for blogging and tube sites has influenced this as well.

Itchy's right about chargebacks now too. Surfers are a lot more savvy about what they should be seeing inside a site based on the galleries and tour images that are on the net and representing the site. If they join to see a particular guy, he better be inside the site!

I can't tell you how many people told me to use bought content when I first started. And when I mentioned that the surfer won't find them on the site after they join, the response was always: "... select the PPS option and just get your money and run." Fortunately, I think this attitude is changing. Plus there really aren't a lot of content sites out there now after the 2257 law started requiring the IDs, which a lot of content sites either didn't have, or weren't willing to provide them.

With that said, I don't see bought content getting you better sales. Learn to use the content and sales text that the program provides you in ways that makes the surfer want to join the site to see the rest of the video!

if the site offers exclusive content only, then you should use the exclusive promo sets, if it offers off-the-shelf content then its usually better for variety to use paid promo content, since most affiliate programs won't be purchasing "affiliate" licensing on their non-exclusive content.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

How long have you been gay?
    Just remember that even with free content the sponsors should be giving you the 2257 docs and IDs with it UNLESS, they have contractually agreed to be your third party custodian for the records.

Secondary producers need to keep records just as primary producers are required to do so.

Stay compliant.