Thread: How Often Do You Check Your Server Stats?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Often Do You Check Your Server Stats?

I know a few of you folks are using NiftyStats to manage your affiliate program stats but, how often are you folks checking your actual server stats, hits, bandwidth usage, etc, etc?

Right now we're checking them thoroghly once a month with a quick skim through them once a week just to make sure nothing looks 'funky'.

I was also curious to know if there was a program like NiftyStats that we could have sitting on our computer that would pull this data on a daily, weekly, monthly, basis based on the server stats overall and possibly on a per domain basis, does anything like this exist?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Hello Lee,

On the technical side of your hosting I would certainly recommend that any client with any host, review the utilization of the resources at least weekly and I would say that daily is actually better.

Unless you have an unmetered or a mythical unlimited account it will always be in your best interest to know what is happening with your account. Sadly to many people have found out too late that the host they were using just turned them off and refused to help them because they had exceeded use of the server resources they had been allocated (bandwidth, storage, processor resources). Also you should note that you can't always count on the stats from a control panel. Ask your host if you can link to and see the same stats that they bill by, that way there is never a question or a surprise.
    Mark M, 727-433-0745
    MMemmer@CaroHosting.com Support is everything!
    ICQ# 40467849, AIM MMemmer333