Thread: do bigger pics sell better

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

do bigger pics sell better

not the amount of them but the size of them on free site and gallery pages?

like if i use 1024 wide or long pictures will they sell better than 800px wide pictures on sites?

There's several schools of thought on that - much of it revolving around the psychology of the surfer. I've always tended to put up full-size promo pics (1024x768 and 720x960) so people can see the actual image quality and know what to expect when they visit the site.

The downside to that is you run the risk of having the surfer bust a nut on the fullsize pic without feeling the desire to get their wallet out for a membership.

But some producers downsize and compress their previews with the idea of enticing the viewer into paying for the fullsize versions in the pay area. The obvious drawback being its sometimes difficult to know if the larger size in the pay area is good quality or not. Large doesn't always equal better in terms of quality.

Does either approach affect sales, though? Hard to say without conducting some sort of voting poll or questionaire with surfers.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Id say it actually depended on the niche along with the type of site the pics are being used on.

For example, a full-on-hardcore site, is probably going to sell a lot better with larger pics that show the action clearly whereas an amateur site, will sell better by using smaller sized, lower quality images.

As with anything, try different methods of using larger and smaller pics and find the method that works for you.

Regards,

Lee

i haven't found big pics to sell better when used on tgp galleries and freesites - heck, i make good sales with screencaps when i point out they're pics from the actual videos.

i have found that bigger pics can sell better on tours if they're high quality, but better to have sharp clear medium sized pics than blurry or low quality bigger pics.

honestly what sells best for me isn't about size (as long as we're not talking tiny pics) but about how well-chosen the pics are.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post

honestly what sells best for me isn't about size (as long as we're not talking tiny pics) but about how well-chosen the pics are.
    Choosing the best pics is the key to it, I agree. I think of it as 'cherry-picking'.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

I'll be testing this out on my new redesign of the squirtit site, launching soon.

My preview pics are 800 pix wide. The feedback I've received from other webmasters and select surfers has been great, but the bottom line of "will it convert" remains to be seen. Preview picture size is one small part of the chemistry needed on a site to get surfers to convert.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com