Thread: How Easy Is It To Change Mobile Carriers?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Easy Is It To Change Mobile Carriers?

Im considering changing my mobile carrier over from T-Mobile to ATT so that i can get a new iPhone 3Gs but im wondering how easy or difficult it is transfer a cell number (or in our case 3 numbers) over to a new carrier?

I know in the UK its literally a case of just signing paperwork and within 24 hours the number has been changed over, does it work the same way in the US or is there more to it than that?

Regards,

Lee

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    A few years ago I switched from T-mobile to Verizon and it was as easy as signing a few papers and waiting 2-3 minutes in the store while they programed my new phone.

Let us know in a few months how you like the IPhone. I've been debating the IPhone or staying with Verizon and getting a Samsung Omnia 2 when it comes out.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Its really not hard. We just switched some land lines to cell phones in May. As long as your contract is up, it should go smoothly. You would contact your new provider and setup an account and then have them port your number over. It took about 8 days to move the numbers. Just make sure att setup your account correctly. We got a $6700 bill in June. LOL

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    You walk into AT&T pick out your iPhone 3GS, give them your info for credit check, show them your drivers license, give them your account # from TMobile so they can port the number over to AT&T and like 10 minutes later you walk out the store with your new phone and your old number switched over.

IF you're getting the iPhone you may want to check the availability still, they may have a wait still.

I thought you were a Sprint fanboy?

Good luck! I love my iPhone 3GS!

Cheers!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

How long have you been gay?
    I actually just did this, as I got the new iphone. I did it all online and submitted my Verizon account number and phone number there. Once I got the phone I had to activate it, turn off the old phone and within...maybe 1 minute the number was transferred.

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Im actually looking in to this a little more as it seems like if we do change to ATT our cell phone bill, for exactly the same plan that we have on T-Mobile now is going to increase by about $60 a month plus the cost of an iPhone 3Gs plus tax, it will actually work out a lot cheaper for me to purchase an unlocked iPhone 3Gs and go that route instead.. Hmm... Decisions, decisions.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I don't have the Iphone, nor a smart phone. I am just using my phone for voice and texts. T-Mobile gives me unlimited phone use, 24/7 for $49.95 a month which is down from nearly $100 a month under their old plans.

Glad you took the time to look at ALL the factors Lee! $60 a month is $$720 a year~ that is enough to almost pay my homeowner's insurance for the entire year.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Glad you took the time to look at ALL the factors Lee! $60 a month is $$720 a year~ that is enough to almost pay my homeowner's insurance for the entire year.
    Thats also more than the cost of a brand shiny new, unlocked iPhone LOL

I can pick one up for between $300 and $500.

With ATT id have had to pay $199 for the phone as well.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Thats also more than the cost of a brand shiny new, unlocked iPhone LOL

I can pick one up for between $300 and $500.

With ATT id have had to pay $199 for the phone as well.

Regards,

Lee
    That would seem like your decision is getting easier and easier!!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    It's a good thing that most people don't look at purchases like you do or the phone and cable tv companies would only be 25% as wealthy as they are now and we'd all be paying way less for better service.

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I don't have the Iphone, nor a smart phone. I am just using my phone for voice and texts. T-Mobile gives me unlimited phone use, 24/7 for $49.95 a month which is down from nearly $100 a month under their old plans.