Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Business Thread... Why Dont People Listen?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Serious Business Thread... Why Dont People Listen?

When someone tells everyone publicly that certain boards and individuals are theives, scammers, etc, etc?

It constantly amazes me that time and time again, people who post information about others in the industry being scammers, content theives, and untrustable are always silent while these types of threads are being made yet when they discover that they have been stolen from, scammed or whatever they act all 'shocked'.

Im sorry but if you have been warned in advance and you still associate yourself with these individuals then it is your own fault.

How much longer will people have to be scammed or stolen from before realizing when information about people posted on boards is usually 100% factual and should be beleived?

Pay attention people, a wolf in sheeps clothing is still a wolf!

Regards,

Lee

It sounds like this thread is about one webmaster in particular, and I don't know the story but I think that our industry there are people who are easier to call out than others. Some people are better protected than others, because they've been around a while or have so-called powerful friends.

I've also sensed a lot of skepticism when these posts are made.
    On one board, a poster was attacked for highlighting theiving companies just because a lot of his personal information was not available to the other posters. I thought this was ridiculous.

If someone cares to make a situation public, it is in all of our best interest to research into the allegations and find out if it is true or not, and then act accordingly. But ignoring it because the person is perceived as well-connected is the equivalent of an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

M.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

At some point it's important to look at who you're helping and why.

Going through the effort, and time, to dig for info, then post it and take the flack for posting it could become a cost / benefit analysis. Is it worth the effort?

If the people you are trying to help, who don't dig themselves, and don't take the info you give, work with the people anyway and get screwed then what's the point?

This reminds me of the issues we're having with piracy. Everyone bitches about it and says they want to start an organization, then you contact them and nothing get's done, they don't act.

If someone can't do their homework, can't follow facts, or can't join an organization to help their business then maybe they don't belong in business.

If someone feels that posting facts is drama, and not business education, then they might deserve what they get for not protecting themselves.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    But he is a stand-up guy!!!!!

I cringed when someone referred to me as a "stand up guy" because I have come to know that phrase as meaning "I don't really know the guy personally, but we had a few drinks together once and that is enough for me to defend his business practices of which I have zero knowledge"
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

But Chad... you ARE a stand up guy!

I've had a non-alcoholic beverage with you and I definitely think so.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    But Chad... you ARE a stand up guy!

I've had a non-alcoholic beverage with you and I definitely think so.

No no no !! Call me anything but that!!!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Is "stand up guy" just a euphemism for "hey, it was 3am and he was still going strong?"

Hmmm!

Chad, you are more than a stand up guy, you are a wonderful and admirable human being.

:angel:
    Mary

That is so sweet!! Mary said I was human!!

:-)

Love you Mary!
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    This thread is getting mushy...
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    This thread is getting mushy...
    You could always repost it over on GMS and see what your board members think of the subject

Im pretty sure a LOT of them are glad people dont listen when they are warned about scammers $0.02

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    This reminds me of the issues we're having with piracy. Everyone bitches about it and says they want to start an organization, then you contact them and nothing get's done, they don't act.
    Actually im with you on this, we have been beta testing our DMCA tracker service for the past few months, have offered a LOT of people free accounts so that they can automate their DMCA processing, of around 50 or so individuals and affiliate programs i offered free accounts to about 30 took me up on the offer, of that 30, only about 10 used the service and provided feedback.... Even though of the 30, all of their content has been published illegally on blogs, torrents and on free sites at some point over the past few months.

I really do think that many in the adult industry would rather be reactive than proactive in protecting their businesses, its a shame but it is also telling of the direction the industry as a whole is heading and has been headed for a long time.

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    the equivalent of an ostrich sticking his head in the sand.

M.
    hehe. I had to...
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

blah blah blah...
    have to admit (as you probably already know, lee )...i'm one of the 30 that didn't make the 10 there's just so much to get done as a site-owner that you don't have the time to get to things like copyright violations. not all the time, anyway. but now that we're changing dixter.com up, i'm going to have more time to dedicate to tracking and protecting my content, which contrary to what this post is saying, is very important to me.

it's just that thus far, my time has been better spend marketing and updating the site, than enforcing copyright laws :crybaby:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Actually im with you on this, we have been beta testing our DMCA tracker service for the past few months, have offered a LOT of people free accounts so that they can automate their DMCA processing, of around 50 or so individuals and affiliate programs i offered free accounts to about 30 took me up on the offer, of that 30, only about 10 used the service and provided feedback.... Even though of the 30, all of their content has been published illegally on blogs, torrents and on free sites at some point over the past few months.

I really do think that many in the adult industry would rather be reactive than proactive in protecting their businesses, its a shame but it is also telling of the direction the industry as a whole is heading and has been headed for a long time.

Regards,

Lee

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    hehe. I had to...
    Great find! LOL!
    Mary

Jeff@UKSLads
    Good thread.

This does seem to be a trend which some folks seem to follow. I can't understand it myself actually. While I like to see if dramatic accusations in a thread are true in the long run, I will steer clear of that particular individual/company until I've seen the final conclusion. If I notice "said subject" is not responding to the thread and explaining their part of the scenario, then I steer clear permanently. After all, if you aren't willing to come to the board and explain what might be going on, then I can't trust you. We are all busy and there aren't enough hours in the day for any of us. Taking the time to explain your side of things and/or defend your good name should become part of your daily list when appropriate. This is my strong opinion.

That being said, I have to say I have never seen an attorney referred to as "human" before. LOL!! Just kidding Chad of course.:p