Thread: does pro designs make more sales

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

does pro designs make more sales

i have just been reading a thread on gfyboard about cheap designs not being able to sell to a paysite tour and a lot of people posting in it have said that is wrong so do you think cheaper design paysites can still sell membership?

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Depends a bit on the niche and the design, but sure they can.

Again, you have to do testing.

Without more info about the niche and the site concept tho, all anybody can do is answer according to general principles.

But, I'm sure we've all seen expensive designs that just did not work, when it comes to making the sale. The surfer mind is a funny beast.

I've always subscribed to 'content is king' - but a poor site design can still hamper sales no matter how dazzling the content.

There'll always be a percentage of people who judge a book by its cover, regardless of how good or appealing the actual product is inside. If the tour sucks, the graphics are bad and the site is confusing to navigate - chances are many will assume the content is similiarly inferior.

Trial and error is the best way of approaching it. Try your best to ellicit feedback from visitors on their overall opinion - both good and bad. Offer some sort of token reward for their input (perhaps a 24hr. limited trial membership to a specified area within the pay section).
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

it REALLY depends. i've seen simple amateur designs kick ass, but most amateurs add things that make the designs not sell. on the other hand, i've seen tons of expensive pro designs that also don't sell.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Yes and no, some of our top converting paysites are pure hand-coded HTML that i did myself $0.02

The problem comes when you start wanting to work with affiliates, more often than not program owners go the fancy design route because if they dont, affiliates wont send them traffic, even if the site converts like crack in a whore house.

We have a site that is retaining at 66.67% right now after the 3rd billing cycle and selling like crazy but i know for a fact no affiliates would ever promote it because the tour is to basic for them, of course the plus side is that all the sales revenue stays in-house

Regards,

Lee

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    even if the site converts like crack in a whore house.
    We have a site that is retaining at 66.67% right now after the 3rd billing cycle and selling like crazy
    Does this site have affiliate content and/or FHGs?
    I don't care how ugly a tour is as long as it makes sales and doesn't scam the customers.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMPaul View Post
    Does this site have affiliate content and/or FHGs?
    I don't care how ugly a tour is as long as it makes sales and doesn't scam the customers.
    No it doesnt, we typically build our pvt sites so that we send our own niche traffic to them, we have a couple that we have built for affiliates to specifically send their traffic to and when we do this, the affiliates does their own promotion and uses their own content.

Regards,

Lee