Thread: When The Only Thing Different Between Two Companies Is...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

When The Only Thing Different Between Two Companies Is...

That one is 'gay owned' and one isnt, does the fact that the one company is 'gay owned' make any difference to you?

I must admit, it really doesnt for me, if i can get the same service at both and the 'straight' company is just as friendly or personable as the gay owned one, it really does just depend on how im feeling as to which ill use.

Im wondering if the same is true in the adult industry though, do you prefer to promote gay owned companies or use companies that are gay owned over companies owned by straight individuals?

Personally, i dont care either way who owns a company so long as im making money from them ill promote them if they are gay or straight owned.

So what about you folks, do you tend to work more with 'gay owned' companies in the real-world and/or online?

Regards,

Lee

I guess this question applies to me (as a straight guy owning a male bdsm site, hehe).

On the reverse side of the coin, I'd promote a side irregardless of the orientation of the owner. I look at the content quality and whether the owner is personable.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

It comes down to the content and the reality to me at least seems to be that the gay sites of a lot of problems that mostly focus on straight sites seem like an afterthought. There is no passion in their sites and I rarely see anything exclusive.

I know that there are a few programs that grew and got bought out by "straight" companies and I am not talking about them...

Stunner Media Presents 7 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | Phoenixxx | Hunk Money | British Bucks | Emo Profits | Latino Bucks
    Lowest Minimum Payouts in the business, Perfect track record, Amazing sites

ICQ: 119276 | Skype: stunnerjesse | Email: jesse@stunnermedia.com

NEW: Follow Stunner Media on Twitter! @StunnerMediaInc

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That one is 'gay owned' and one isnt, does the fact that the one company is 'gay owned' make any difference to you?
    IF and that is a BIG IF, the only difference is ownership, then yeah I'll support the Gay Owned over the Straight. However, that rarely is the case, that both are identical in pricing, service, quality, etc. Those are the true guiding factors for me.

However, as I said, IF they are identical, then I'll opt for the gay owned.

my 2 cents
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    this reminded me of when I stay in virginia , did you know the "straight" bed n breakfast/hotel's are cheaper than the "gay"? , it's pretty much the same story everywhere you go. ( interpreted: gay tax? )

jim

I'm not gay; I'm British! closer's Avatar
    I started out not caring if it was gay owned or not but ended up dealing with mostly gay owned companies as they tend to understand the niche much better content wise.

When we launched our male bdsm site back in 2001, it was with the original idea that it would appeal to females wanting to see males in bondage.

But as time wore on, we began realizing that we had a significantly higher percentage of gay audience on the site - so we gradually shifted focus and did our best to listen to feedback from our gay members and accomodate their interests and requests.

So far it's worked for us and our audience - even though we find it somewhat more challenging to market.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography