Thread: Firefox and other browsers' issues with Wordpress and Godaddy

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are

Firefox and other browsers' issues with Wordpress and Godaddy

Anyone having the same problems, or know of a solution?

I use a Mac. (For whatever it's worth, brand new Norton Antivirus installed and no viruses detected.) I've used FF for a few years, not much problems until lately. The problems magnified since I downloaded FF 3.5.2. Most places on the internet and everyone else's sites are OK.

My sites are Wordpress (and all in progress). One is working OK. The other two are not at all, meaning I'll click on a link to another page and it never gets there, or I get an error message. That's after the were working totally fine, and I have no idea why all of the sudden this happened. Then the next day it will work, then I try it again only a minute later and it won't, and nothing else will period. The dashboard can be like this too, really slow.

Godaddy is slow and crashes a lot. Sometimes every day, and even every 15 minutes, particularly using their FTP client. This has happened with earlier versions of FF, but is at least as bad if not worse with the latest FF.

I don't know what is happening. Safari sometimes works and sometimes does exactly the same things, too.

Just to show you how nutty and unpredictable this is. I just went back one of my WP sites that behaves the worst, and it all worked fine. This is right after nothing worked. The point is I am trying to figure out a rhyme or reason behind this, and I come up with nothing. I have not done any work on the site, no tinkering with the codes or files or anything while I test the sites out with FF or Safari at different times of day, minute to minute. It is like a crazy bumper car with a mind of its own.

Have you kept the Wordpress sites upgraded with the latest version and also upgraded any plugins that need it?

Yes, I did. I will check the plugins again, though. Good first step to cover this. Thanks, Bec, and will let you know.

I know some others who've been having completely random issues with FF and sites that worked. Even FF and Gmail screwing up...

Perhaps there are some updates rolling out right now?

M.
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Hate to dare to mention this, but it's Mercury retrograde time, . whatever, doesn't matter. has to be something logical. I'm still have to check for upgrades to the plugins like Bec said. A techy friend is looking into this, and I'll keep you posted. Personally I really feel there is some kind of incompatibility going on, but really who knows.

There was one upgrade for si Capcha or something, and I no longer had most of the problems after I upgraded it. But there are still some problems we are checking into.

I assume if something in Wordpress (WP itself, plugin or anything) needed upgrading, this would be indicated on the dashboard. So that's the only upgrade I saw. I also went to the sites that made the plugins...not always info there or I missed it, some did and showed I have the latest upgrade.

This issue of WP sites not working until an upgrade is made on a plugin (or anything) sounds serious if not alarming for business. The note to upgrade plugins is not apparent right on the dashboard. You have to click under plugins to see. Even if you did that every day, which is sort of a nuisance, updates will show anytime during the day. Potentially this leaves a site not working right until the next day/time the webmaster updates content to the site (or whatever). A site not working for a day, let alone a couple of hours, is bad. Visitors will leave, and some won't come back. Even if they do, it isn't a good mark for the site. I guess it's just how it is?

SORRY - SPOKE TOO SOON! upgraded and it's still nuts. Safari works, FF does not.

Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    The note to upgrade plugins is not apparent right on the dashboard. You have to click under plugins to see.
    That may not be true. Did yet another upgrade for si Captcha that appeared today. It showed as a red circle with "1" under the plugins category on the dashboard, then leaves after the upgrade. Have to spot it and know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    That may not be true. Did yet another upgrade for si Captcha that appeared today. It showed as a red circle with "1" under the plugins category on the dashboard, then leaves after the upgrade. Have to spot it and know what it means.
    Yes, that is the new visual cue on the dashboard that you need to upgrade a plugin that they have installed into the script.