Thread: Photoshop .PSD Files - Mac Vs. PC?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Photoshop .PSD Files - Mac Vs. PC?

Does anyone know if .psd files created in Photoshop on a Mac are compatible with Photoshop being used on a regular PC machine?

Im getting a funky 'not enough RAM to open' error every time i try opening a .psd file and i know it was orginally created on a Mac but, i also have another .psd file that was also created on a Mac that opens fine.

Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with different OS versions of Photoshop and Macs/Pcs?

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I'm no expert on computers, but I use a Mac. My friend uses a PC and he can open anything. My sister has problems opening some files that are not psd files (jpg) on her pc. She is the only person with a pc I know that has that problem.

This pc/Mac compatibility on any file/program/issue is just crazy in this digital word. It's far time the people/companies who make our computers get their act together for everyone's sake.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    I'm no expert on computers, but I use a Mac. My friend uses a PC and he can open anything. My sister has problems opening some files that are not psd files (jpg) on her pc. She is the only person with a pc I know that has that problem.

This pc/Mac compatibility on any file/program/issue is just crazy in this digital word. It's far time the people/companies who make our computers get their act together for everyone's sake.
    For clarification, I meant files I made in Photoshop on my Mac....can be opened by almost everyone but my sister, .

Also depends on where you got the file from. Was it on a disk or emailed to you? Sometimes image files sent from Mac to pc through a Mac email (as opposed to being sent by Gmail, etc.) cannot be opened by pc. Sometimes when a Mac sends photo files to a pc, it used to include two files for each file (one for pcs and one for Mac). Not sure if emails from Mac do that anymore.

However you mentioned that the problem was "not enough RAM." Was is the size of the Photoshop file? If it's large (in dimension, resolution, or neither but has many "layers"), it could mean any one of the following:
    1. Your version of Photoshop cannot handle such large files (if you have at least a Photoshop cs version, it should be fine.)
    2. Your computer itself doesn't have enough RAM.

Just thoughts.

I'm Mac-based, but my artists are PC-based and we trade psd files back and forth all the time. Maybe your file is corrupted. I'd be happy to try to open it for you and fix it.