Thread: Pay Rates For Interns?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Pay Rates For Interns?

So a couple of you folks already know that we've been approached by a guy who wants to have some practical hands-on experience with design work about interning for us and i was wondering what kind of pay base we should offer him?

He's 20, in college and studying various design classes so this is where he wants to be when he finishing his schooling, he just needs to get some real-world design experience.

What sort of pay scale do you think we should be offering someone who is looking for an internship position?

Regards,

Lee

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Not to sound like a smart ass

pay him what you think he is worth based on his experience, tasks performed, and what your company can handle.

When I worked at a radio station our interns made less than minimum wage but erned credit for their time and assisted with projects in the studio, went on remotes, etc. It was fun, meaningful, and earned them beer money.

The interns at the company I work at now make from minimum wage up to $25 a hour depending on what exactly they do. In any case, the pay delivered should be appropriate to the work being done. If he does a great job you can always offer incentives and bonuses after completion of projects. Some schools have rules about interns pay so check with them.