Thread: search engine stuff and free site and gallery sites

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

search engine stuff and free site and gallery sites

do you make your sites search engine friendly when you are just sending them to directory and tgps like should i use my keywords meta tag and description meta tag ands title on gallery site and free sites i build or no?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It doesnt hurt to add some seo stuff to free sites and galleries.

Basically, you are submitting and forgetting them, getting an initial burst of traffic from the site you have submitted to but after that, typically you are not going to get much long-term residual traffic after the first month of submission.

By adding some basic SEO stuff to your galleries and free sites you will be helping to increase the amount of residual traffic you receive and if you are good at SEO you should be able to get some pretty decent organic search engine traffic to your sponsors

Regards,

Lee

You should make any page you upload SEO friendly, giving it the keyword and description metas, as well as a good page title.

Help I'm Lost!!
    It's always best to err on the side of caution putting in SEO isn't going to penalize you and can only help you.

Just dont do the typical laundry list of meta keywords that I see often. Use phrases, Cap the first letter of each word, sort longest phrase to shortest and alphabetical.

There are a lot of search engines out there that still use meta keywords and Google looks at them even if they don't have as much weight as before.

I see soo many adult sites with ZERO SEO that could be doing better if they at least did the basics

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    You have to do a cost-benefit analysis.

Arguably, depending on the niche, it's not worth the time it takes to do it, unless you have time to spare and a method for producing it.

The rarer the keywords you can apply to the site, the more worthwhile it is to devote the time. It's not worth a whole lot to be in google at the 3018th position for "twink anal".

And freesites and galleries no longer are a fraction as likely to end up with any kind of profitable google position as they once were. Once, there was a decent chance of getting se traffic to such sites. Now, statistically, it's nowhere near as likely, to the extent that it is the exception, not the rule.

(except for the rarest keywords)

You have to decide, what's your time worth, and where are you going to expend it?

If you are going to do keyword work, put the keywords on the page first, worry about the metas last.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNick View Post
    Just dont do the typical laundry list of meta keywords that I see often. Use phrases, Cap the first letter of each word, sort longest phrase to shortest and alphabetical.
    A non-adult site of mine was hosted at register.com until 5 years ago, but I once paid for their one-to-one SEO consultations. How they did it then was to list up to, I forget the number, maybe 15 keywords, starting with the strongest. Phrases were OK, but I think as long as they weren't long..not sure.

I would like to know why you suggest to use phrases as opposed to single word "keywords."

Because nowadays multiple-word "keyphrases" on a page are hugely more likely to be successful in gaining a profitable SE position than single-word "keywords" - because the competition for single keywords, at least any keyword that is valuable, is so fierce and established that ones chances of getting a single keyword in the top 10/20/50 are usually very small.

(sometimes one can get a new page indexed for a single valuable keyword, but the listing is almost always temporary. Nice when it happens tho.)

This is such an established reality now that most people mean 'keyphrases' when they talk about 'keywords'.

And everyone understands the term 'keywords' to mean 'both keywords and keyphrases'.

wow interesting. so let's say two, three word phrases. or longer, too?

Also, let's say a keyword is: "Gay Latin Topmen." Would the SE automatically also count "Gay Latin," "Latin Topmen," "Gay Topmen," "Gay," "Latin," and "Topmen" as keywords?

More or less, yes. Nowadays, more less than more.

However, the reality is, you are not likely to get a valuable position on any of the shorter keyphrases or single keywords, unless you are in a position to get a lot of links pointing to your page with those keyphrases or keywords in teh anchor text.

The "topmen" in gay latin topmen is rare enough that I would choose it to be the target keyword - and repeat on teh page several variations, such as "topmen latino tops gay", and other rarer combinations.

Keep in mind the way people tend to type keywords into the search box - it tends to be messy, and often backwards or in unexpected orders. You can use this to your advantage.

There are a batch of other factors to consider too - where the keyphrase is located on your page, and the words surrounding the keyphrase, for example.

Writing for the SEs has changed drastically in the adult biz over the last few years.