Thread: US Sponsors and other Languages...

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar

US Sponsors and other Languages...

Hi,

who of the US Sponsor programs (gay/straight/whatever) do offer their products in various languages?

I am interested in HOW they offer it in the means of weather the language selection is automatic or with a parameter in their links

thanks

DEV
    :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Most of the programs that we have done translation work for simply offer the different versions of their main tour in other languages by putting flags or country names at the top or bottom of their tours for the surfers to click.

I know a couple also use htaccess to redirect the surfer based on their default browser language but for the most part, its typically user selected.

Regards,

Lee

I have seen a few sites do as many mainstream sites do - instead of breaking it down by language, they break it down by currency...

Such as a North American entry and EU entry - with different language functions in each area, as well as some with different content in each area.
    Gary
    CCBill

Quote Originally Posted by ccjax View Post
    I have seen a few sites do as many mainstream sites do - instead of breaking it down by language, they break it down by currency...
    I can not imagine anybody advertising their products in Yen or Dollars or Czech Kronen...

How do US sponsor programs proceed with the LANGUAGE or written text on their tour sites? Parameters in the URL? GeoIP? Browser Language?

Here in Europe we have parameters or completely different links for the languages a site is available in...

DEV...

this is something we are seriously looking into after our "summer of stats" where we found out some really interesting stuff about our traffic....I think the best method for offering this is by a small selection button at the top of your site.

whatever you do, don't geotarget the language and not have that ability to swap...its extremely frustrating to us ex-pats living abroad
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    whatever you do, don't geotarget the language and not have that ability to swap...its extremely frustrating to us ex-pats living abroad
    Amen to that! When I first moved to Argentina, my Spanish was okay but certainly not up to a conversation about complicated technical stuff. My Linksys router was acting up and I tried using the live online support system at their website. They refused to help me because my IP was not in the US. They told me to contact the Argentine division here. I explained that I was a US citizen, bought my router in the US (and had registered it there), and that my language skills were insufficient. I also pointed out that I had bought their friggin' TRAVEL router which they promote for globe-hopping. No go, no support, nothing. Vowed never again to purchase a Linksys product.

Kevin

In my humble opinion, whomever chooses his language by pure GeoIP should be stoned anyways... GeoIP is great to find out WHERE a person is - but not for much more

soo.....

are there actually any US Sponsors offering their products in different languages besides English?