Thread: any tricks on running my own paysite i need to know

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

any tricks on running my own paysite i need to know

i am about to have a designer do my first paysite design that will be probably twink or latin men and wanted to know if there were any tricks i need to know before i get the design done to make things easier for me in running my site.

like should i have a certain amount of pics on the paysite tour and join page do i need to have certain text areas on the design and are there good colors that will work better on a paysite than on a free site and that sort of stuff?

personally, I think the best thing to do is find people who are interested in your paysite's niche and ask them to visit it and give you **honest** feedback. Tweak the tour based on the feedback, like if a few people tell you that a model is really hot then feature him as the first guy you see.
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

Dzinerbear
    Find yourself someone who will be brutally honest with you. Most of your friends, or people on boards, will say, "Oh, that looks great." And then, six months later when you change something, they'll say, "Oh, thank God you change XYZ, I always hated that."

I'd make the site very modular, so that you can move things around easily. Once you launch the paysite, sales or traffic may not flow the way you thought it would. If you can easily move stuff around, it'll allow you to test new things.

Michael

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Make sure you design it for surfers, not affiliates!

You are going to have a lot of affiliate webmasters saying that your site should have this, or should have that, when in reality you only really need to worry about what the surfers hitting your site are concerned with, as long as the guys/girls on the tour are hot, it will sell, no matter what any affiliate webmaster tells you THEY want to see on the sites tour.

Regards,

Lee

unfortunately if you have to ask, you probably aren't ready to help a designer with your paysite. i've worked with dozens of clients on paysites and it's very rare that a designer gets everything right. there are no magic colors that sell better. although i've usually done better with dark colors, but there are exceptions.

are there paysites you have the most luck marketing? if not, go with a tour that shows several pics and a description of each video or pic set. that way, you can easily change the text/pics on the tour. a few different examples:

http://www.boysfirsttime.com/main.htm?id=xxxxx&p=clean

http://www.seancody.com/page.php?fra...ckq247tics96q7

http://www.blakemason.com/home.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    i am about to have a designer do my first paysite design that will be probably twink or latin men and wanted to know if there were any tricks i need to know before i get the design done to make things easier for me in running my site.

like should i have a certain amount of pics on the paysite tour and join page do i need to have certain text areas on the design and are there good colors that will work better on a paysite than on a free site and that sort of stuff?