Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Use Whois Privacy Service?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Use Whois Privacy Service?

When you register your domain names, do you use privacy services on the domain names so that people cant see your personal/business information?

Was just curious what the standard train of thought was on this these days given all the scammers and stuff in the biz right now?

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    I do but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to locate the server my adult sites are listed on and pull up my IDENT'S which are "obvious" on a couple , contrary to popular belief I am quite real and very friendly in person. ( interpreted: I'm obnoxious online cause I know you can't slap me immediately! :catfight: )

it's funny but the scammers I've known had IDEN'T's and beautiful websites and the moment it went wrong suddenly the website stopped working and off into the bahama sunset they went with my money. ( interpreted: ghosts aren't always invisible. )

jim

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I know some people use whois protection and maildrops and such... but whatever fits their needs is fine with me
    :-D

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Well, i don't use it. But actually i don't think that people using it are scammers. They have their own reasons to use it i guess
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    We do. Its amazing how much spam and junk mail you don't get when its hidden from the beginning.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Jimmy,

Thats interesting i never even considered using privacy on whois data could cut down the amount of spam someone gets but thinking about it, yeah i can see how it would.

So other than that, anyone else have any other benefits of using privacy registration?

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. Lace's Avatar
    I use them on every domain. I don't need my information out there anymore than it already is.

lace [at] gaytronix [dot] com

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    No i do not because i have nothing to hide but i never thought about the stopping spam stuff so maybe i will in the future

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Good thread. I originally assumed it was smart to have privacy registration, so I got it. Then I read a thread on a board (here or another gay adult board) that many webmasters commented that they didn't use privacy registration because it makes their site/business look shady, not trustworthy, and that an upstanding business would have nothing to hide. It made me think, ok, then I guess I should not renew my privacy registration. Now so far on this particular thread, looks different. I am really curious to see more comments on this.

Also, is there a way to not have my name on who is? Can I just have my company name?

I don't think the majority of people who uses privacy protection are scammers but most scammers we've come across use privacy protection.

I think of privacy protection as a small red flag nothing more.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    always
    and also have PO BOXES

How long have you been gay?
    I use private registration on the domains my models know of. I'm a paranoid motherfucker these days. I am really concerned about people knowing where I live, because I've found filming content to open you up to all sorts of crazies.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkCasting View Post
    I use private registration on the domains my models know of. I'm a paranoid motherfucker these days. I am really concerned about people knowing where I live, because I've found filming content to open you up to all sorts of crazies.
    That's easy to understand. However, I'm an affiliate, but there's still nosy and crazy people out there. On the other hand, I heard that some sponsors don't accept affiliates with private registration...rumor or truth?

Quote Originally Posted by tim460 View Post
    That's easy to understand. However, I'm an affiliate, but there's still nosy and crazy people out there. On the other hand, I heard that some sponsors don't accept affiliates with private registration...rumor or truth?

Now that's a new one on me, not saying they aren't out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Now that's a new one on me, not saying they aren't out there though.
    Heard it from a webmaster outside the US about US webmasters. Hopefully it is rare.