Thread: So What Happens If...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? So What Happens If...

You own a copy of Adobe Photoshop but have somehow managed to fuck up the installtion disk?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a replacement disk so long as we can prove we actually own a legally licensed copy or do we actually end up needing to buy a new copy?

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    if you have "registered" adobe when you originally bought it then they should have a record of you owning it and direct/send you a replacement copy. ( interpreted: if you haven't like so many of us trying to avoid the ocean of spam they will send indefinetly you will need to find someone near you and "borrow/burn" their copy so you don't run into this problem again. )

jim

p.s ~ CS4 is just amazing , I love it!

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    if you werent a business i'd say go download the trial and just enter your license key

but

business ... get in touch with Adobe support via email first and see what they say, if for nothing than to at least have some record of it.

I think you'll either have to - buy replacement disk or download trial and burn a 2nd disk.

and backup your shit :cheerleader:

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    if you werent a business i'd say go download the trial and just enter your license key

but

business ... get in touch with Adobe support via email first and see what they say, if for nothing than to at least have some record of it.

I think you'll either have to - buy replacement disk or download trial and burn a 2nd disk.

and backup your shit :cheerleader:
    What he said!
    Adobe only allows so many registered copies on a license and they treat different software different. Give them a call and explain what happened but don't be suprised when you have to buy a new/replacement copy. When you get it, register it and back it up. When you uninstal any registered adobe product make sure you unregister it don't just uninstall. That way you can continue to use the product code if you ever decide to reinstall.

Good luck!

I had no idea you could "unregister" software.

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    I had no idea you could "unregister" software.
    You can at Adobe.
    They have an activation process that tracks your software to a registration code. You can only activate the software on a specific number of machines.

A while back ago I reformatted my HD on an old laptop, reinstalled windows XP, and sold the laptop to a friend for cheap. When I tried to install dreamweaver on my new laptop it said that I first had to go into dreamweaver and deactivate one of my old copies of dreamweaver as I'd reached the limit.

To make an already long story short,
    I had to buy a new copy at $399 and activate it. I'll be sure to deactivate the software before I even uninstall a licensed adobe product again. Lesson learned, the hard way as usual.