Thread: Paysite Owners... How Did You Decide What You Were Going To Charge?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Paysite Owners... How Did You Decide What You Were Going To Charge?

When you decided to launch your sites, how did you determine how much your site was actually 'worth' and what to charge the surfer for becoming a member?

Did you purely base you pricing structure on what is currently being utilized in the industry or did you actually take a look at your overall sites cost, content, etc, and choose a price point based on that?

Also, are you concerned at all that your pricing may be to high or low for your site and if so, how do you 'know' what a good price point will be if you are based on your existing pricing?

Regards,

Lee

No easy question.

We've always kept a watch on what we consider to be comparable competition and priced ours accordingly.

We always try and keep our production costs as low as possible without making the quality suffer - which generally involves doing nearly everything ourselves.

If we were to crunch the actual numbers - I'm likely making about minimum wage per hour (). Ok, perhaps a slight exaggeration...but that's why I DON'T crunch the numbers too often - I hate reality checks.

I think there are two distinctly different ways of approaching your membership charge, though. Are you a hobbyist...or strictly a profit-making company? We're somewhere in the middle - we can afford to make profit slowly...adjusting our pricing if need be to reflect market trends both up and down.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography