Thread: How often do affiliate programs close down?

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Evil Ryan's Avatar

How often do affiliate programs close down?

Once an affiliate program launches how long does it stay up? Also, any well respected programs that i should know about to expand my knowledge?

:fucked:
    Condom Cash - Gay Affiliate Program
    Evil Earnings - Straight Affiliate Program - Launching Soon!
    Webmaster Advertising - Contact Me About Gay Webmaster Traffic!
    ICQ# 580251944

blah blah blah...
    well, IMHO they never really close down. not very many, anyway. as an affiliate program owner (dixter.com), i find no reason to ever close down. hey...if a webmaster wants to sign up for my program and send me traffic/sales, why would i refuse that? so as long as my program is open, webmasters can sign up and and make me money :luke:

i know that ZOOTED closed down a while back because they were facing major law suites and had serious financial issues.

Corbin Fisher closed it to the public, but they still take on new affiliates on an approval basis.

there may be other reasons why a site would want to close down their affiliate program, but it doesn't make much business sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ryan View Post
    Once an affiliate program launches how long does it stay up? Also, any well respected programs that i should know about to expand my knowledge?

:fucked:

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

I can only think of a few that really "closed" and in all cases they ran into serious financial difficulties whether due to poor planning or fraud or...

Mostly I think we see programs that constantly reinvent themselves, rebuild, redesign, revamp... not always for the better.

As for good affiliate programs? Wow, loaded question!
    There are probably a bunch i could call out, but I think that the simplest ones usually work the best. Pride Studios has always maintained a strong following and webmasters seem to be very loyal to them.
    Buddy Profits is another one that has always been strong and only seems to be going up.
    I know many webmasters who are doing great with Bait Bus and Evan Rivers from Bang Bros. which is a predominantly straight company that has invested in and really promoted their two gay offerings. It's a good program.

Then... what do you mean by "good"? Highly converting or a great affiliate site to model oneself upon?
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Most stay around for years, some never close.

Personallhy i dont see any reason to ever have to close an affiliate program, as Seth said, if a program has affiliates and is making sales, its pretty much just 'free' money after a while.

Most seem to think that running an affiliate program or bunch of paysites is hard work, it really isnt, just so long as you have the scripting in place to run it for you.

Regards,

Lee

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    Probably its better to ask not how often they close down. Its better to ask how often they stop to pay their affiliates. Yes, unfortunately sometimes it happens.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    as Seth said, if a program has affiliates and is making sales, its pretty much just 'free' money after a while.
    i think you meant "as Allan said"

DIXTER.COM
    Dixter.com Affiliate Program
    50/50 Rev Share Program with 5% Webmaster Referrals

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by GPallan View Post
    i think you meant "as Allan said"
    Yep, thats what i meant LOL

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    Probably its better to ask not how often they close down. Its better to ask how often they stop to pay their affiliates.
    Well said and unfortunately I think that number has increased exponentially over the last couple years.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    yes i think the more problem is that a lot of people are not getting paid a lot this days because of bad economy program owners are not being able to make enough money i think.