Thread: Sales Copy - On The Site Or On The Promo Materials?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Sales Copy - On The Site Or On The Promo Materials?

Im trying to explain to Ryan (and Brandon actually too) how sales copy works and what the differences are between the copy on the site being promoted and the sites promo tools such as banners, FPA's, galleries, etc and im actually having some trouble putting it in to words.

Can any of you folks suggest a relatively simple way to describe how the two methods of sales copy are different so that i can point them to this thread please

Regards,

Lee

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Well, there's inevitably some crossover.

I'd say the biggest difference is that the copy on the paysite _brands_ the paysite, and teh specialness of the set of content inside, AND focuses especially hard on the close, the emotional commitment to get to the join page and open the wallet and pull out a card.

While promo stuff pushes the 'juice' of the niche, and the arousal of the idea that the promo is associated with (usually some content samples or text embodies that idea).

While expanding curiousity ('wtf' or 'let me take a look at that' feelings).

The paysite has to close, the promo stuff has to push.

It's always dissapointing to see paysites that dont seem to care about making the close.

Bill is right.

Here is another analogy:

Promo tools copy is like the title of a book, meant to grab you.

Website copy should close the sale like the back cover of a book or the preface.

Promo tools copy needs to be short, quick and hit you with a bang, make you click. Website copy is meant to be more detailed and draw people in further to ultimately buy the product.

You can also think of it as the website content and design is the lure, sales copy is the hook, website copy is the reel, and the "join now" page is where you net your sale.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com