Thread: Custom Story Content - What Is A Fair Price?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Custom Story Content - What Is A Fair Price?

Do any of you folks know what a 'fair' price is for custom story content of around 1000-1500 words per story?

I havent really seen much interest in this type of stuff as of late on a variety of boards and im thinking it could be a good time to launch a story site or two to take advantage of this however, in addition to the few hundred non-exclusive stories we have in our CMS id like to get a few custom stories written so i can bill the sites as 'semi-exclusive' to the surfer with stories they will not be able to find anywhere else.

So what is a 'fair' price to have someone write medium sized custom stories of around 1000-1500 words per story?

Regards,

Lee

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    any good writer would spend at least 1 hour producing each story (and cleaning up afterwords). So a fair price would be about $35 IMHO

WeDesig.net - Blogs, Paysites, TGPs, Galleries, Banners... I do it all!

Need to get in touch? ICQ me: 276-592-701 or Email me: info(at)wedesig.net

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    $35 to $50 is about average, depending on whether totally exclusive and all.

Good, real writers, will take a bit more than an hour too, because they aren't just rehashing the same phrases, or tired words. imho
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. Lace's Avatar
    On average, I pay from $2.50-5 per blog post consisting of 250 -/+ words. A good writer can knock out a blog post in a matter of minutes.
    So, you figure at blog post prices, $15-30 - when buying more then just a few at a time. But then again, writing a story takes a bit more imagination and maybe some time...It all depends on the writer and quantity I would imagine.

lace [at] gaytronix [dot] com

How long have you been gay?

Cost of story content

I'll ask a gay erotica writer friend of mine who does this for a living - get the lowdown on what is "expected" by the writer/free agent.

Back @ you soon...

- 3Fingers

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Keep in mind that with a story, you're not just paying for the amount of time, but the creativity as well. Sure it might take an hour to write but that's also a scene, action and words that you don't want to use again. You may be able to use recurring characters but it's really hard to churn out a bunch of stories and not be repetitive. Everyone thinks writing is so damn easy.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

How long have you been gay?

buying erotica

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    Keep in mind that with a story, you're not just paying for the amount of time, but the creativity as well. Sure it might take an hour to write but that's also a scene, action and words that you don't want to use again. You may be able to use recurring characters but it's really hard to churn out a bunch of stories and not be repetitive. Everyone thinks writing is so damn easy.
    Also cost it going to be different (on quality / exclusive writing whether you buy it outright (full publishing rights) or keeping it for a limited time [negotiated in your publishing contract] at which point you pull it from your site, and publishing rights revert to the author (most authors prefer the second route and price the work based on how long you want to run their work(s).
    - 3Fingers

:idea: "Well, it doesn't suck Itself"