Thread: Embedding Videos On Blogs?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Embedding Videos On Blogs?

I have a question about embedding videos on blogs, what is the easiest way to do this please?

Should i just use some kind of iframe embed or do you think it would be better putting in a folder with one of those flash player thingys?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I hate iframes. I'd simply put the video in a folder, then use the video player to simply call it from that folder. It's what I do for my xxx tube site.

I am assuming you are meaning for videos you are hosting, not for those a sponsor sends out, as embedded videos.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Okay cool thanks Ian, and where would i put the 'player' as it were, does that go in the main blog directory or in the folder where the clip is uploaded?

Regards,

Lee

One thing I found if your using sponsor hosted embedded code in wordpress you can not use the visual editor cause it strips tags out for some reason.
    I always disable it and use the code only version.

:indian:

itchy||@||gaytronix.com

Usually in the root and not in the folder, though doable and okay, but it can be there, brb

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. Lace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
    One thing I found if your using sponsor hosted embedded code in wordpress you can not use the visual editor cause it strips tags out for some reason.
    I always disable it and use the code only version.

:indian:
    Yeah, I've had this issue quite a few times. I just usually post it into Dreamweaver and tidy it up in there, post in the wordpress html editor and click publish.

Is there any plugins to host your own player and pull FLV's from a directory? That would be pretty awesome

lace [at] gaytronix [dot] com

Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    Usually in the root and not in the folder, though doable and okay, but it can be there, brb
    OOps thought I was on ICQ I guess.

I put it in the root, so its easier to call videos from different folders, if necessary. May depend too on your player, where it has to be placed

There are lots of plugins for embedding videos, vipertags or something is one I think Bec recommends, I use the jerome player.

you can determine your own player location in a post, by adjusting the theme template, and where the player can be embedded. Depending on your theme, you'd use custom fields, and place the code in the location where you want it to appear.

its irrelevant where you put the video, just make sure you tell your player the correct path to find it (using a full path avoids it not finding it when viewing the post on the blog's index page OR in its own page).
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com