Thread: AdWords And #1 Listings?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

AdWords And #1 Listings?

I never understood this, why if a site has a natural #1 listing in Google, does that site owner ALSO bid on AdWords to get the #1 spot on that also?

Isnt that just like throwing money away every time an AdWord ad gets clicked?

Regards,

Lee

I'm not gay; I'm British! closer's Avatar
    Usually, that's an affiliate

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    not neccessarily
    gets more traffic, the lower you go on the page the lower the CTR
    done properly it would also weed out tire kickers since you don't control what text google displays on your listing. Adwords is more targeted

and i've read numerous forums where people said their traffic went down by 1/2 when their ad wasn't at the top

Help I'm Lost!!
    Some people do it for brand protection so someone else doesn't bid on their name.

Also since it's a brand and recognized the cost to bid is much lower than what it would cost to pay an affiliate for a sale. Having more than one link also has been shown to increase traffic some people will see the paid ad and click on the organic and vice versa

Generally though when I've run PPC ads I've not used branded campaigns unless the cost is super low otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNick View Post
    Some people do it for brand protection so someone else doesn't bid on their name.

Also since it's a brand and recognized the cost to bid is much lower than what it would cost to pay an affiliate for a sale. Having more than one link also has been shown to increase traffic some people will see the paid ad and click on the organic and vice versa

Generally though when I've run PPC ads I've not used branded campaigns unless the cost is super low otherwise it doesn't make sense.
    If you have a protected brand, like in trademark, then you can have Google dissalow that term for use in their adwords system

Help I'm Lost!!
    They're not restricting bidding on trademark names like they used to. They've already been hit with a few lawsuits for changing their Trademark policy

reference?

Help I'm Lost!!