Thread: Clinton Changes Mind About Gay Marriage

Clinton Changes Mind About Gay Marriage

(Sept. 26) -- Former President Bill Clinton has revealed he recently had a change of heart on the issue of same-sex marriage. In an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper Friday, Clinton explained that he still believes each state should decide whether to legalize gay marriage, but he is no longer personally opposed to it.

"I think if people want to make commitments that last a lifetime, they ought to be able to do it," Clinton said.

"I was against the constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage nationwide, and I still think that the American people should be able to play this out in debates," the former president added. "But me, Bill Clinton personally, I changed my position."

Asked what caused him to switch his stance, Clinton said he realized his support for other gay-rights issues -- such as adoption rights for same-sex couples -- didn't square with his position on marriage.

"I realized that I was over 60 years old. I grew up in a different time ... and I was hung up about it," Clinton said. "I decided I was wrong."

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Yes

Good for him!
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB View Post
    Good for him!
    Yes, but it's too bad he couldn't of changed his mind while still in office.

Yeah like J.K. Rawlings said Dumbledor was Gay AFTER he was killed off.

I think straight people opining on whether it's ok for Gay people to be in committed relationships is a crock.

It's like we live in the Twilight zone.. every kid in America says the pledge of allegiance, every day, that ends in "liberty and justice for all" yet we are still debating whether Gay members of society should have equal rights :loser:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com