Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first gallery!

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Evil Ryan's Avatar

My first gallery!

Ok, so ive finally learned how to officially set up a gallery for a site. Below i have given a URL for one of them. Please let me know what you think and what i could do to spice it up.

All suggestion's welcome

Ryan:smoke:

http://www.chicktastic.com/galleries/sexy-cheerleaders/
    Condom Cash - Gay Affiliate Program
    Evil Earnings - Straight Affiliate Program - Launching Soon!
    Webmaster Advertising - Contact Me About Gay Webmaster Traffic!
    ICQ# 580251944

the pinkish red is way too bright - it not only repels my eyes but makes it very hard to read the text links. it would be more personal if the top text used the girl's name and referred to a characteristic that is supposedly hers. also this text link

Get Instant Unlimited Access To 1000's Of Slutty Babe's 24/7 Inside Cheer Chix!

would be better if it referred to cheerleaders.

the pics are out of order, which means that tgps won't post it and also it doesn't build the excitement as well as pics that are in order. and here's something that some will debate, but both your text links are about joining rather than just checking out more cheerleaders. wouldn't you be more likely to click a link that said

"Watch cheerleaders that fuck the entire football team - click here!"
    or
    "Click to watch cheerleaders suck every guy on the team before the game!"

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Evil Ryan's Avatar
    hey, thanks for the info!
    ICQ# 580251944

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I've seen way worse.

Everything that basschick says is right.

It's amazing that cheerchix still exists.

It's pretty much standard to include a 2257 style statement at the bottom, at least an assertion that all models are over 18 and in compliance.

I'd say you have spent too much time writing the text to have it so small. Use fewer words in a larger size - people scan galleries, they dont read them, so your text needs to send it's sell message and hooks into teh suurfers brain with no effort on their part, not even the effort of running the eyes back and forth along lines.

But thats a judgement call - some people make text dense galleries their style.

It's a complex business - one is constantly messing with ways to send that sales message deeper into the psyche of the surfer.

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'
    its look good i am suprised that it is women on it though :eek:

i do think like basschick said that the links might be better if they get changed to match the theme of the site content though

Apparently Lee&co is working on a straight sponsor program, so perhaps it's practice for that.

I was way more surprised to see him trying to sell cheerchix. With topbucks patented "we dont give a shit about this site anymore" default tour concept.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Indeed we are working on a straight affiliate program and if everything goes according to schedule, design, content, in-house and then public-beta testing we should have it launched within the next few months

Regards,

Lee

I'd rather be whole, than good
    Oh my that site was new 10 years ago!:square:

Some points from a purely visual standpoint.

You have a natural color sensibility. (Did you study art?) It's interesting to use fresh and exciting colors but there are things working against it, especially when using color for advertising - messages and images mixed together.

I suspect that the choice of colors on the page were based on following clues from the images, which is an intelligent thing to do. Unfortunately, the color in the images is not at all good. Rather than featuring the model, the images spotlight the sofa and backdrop - two highly saturated complimentary colors, one darker one lighter, fighting like a rowdy choir shouting out a soloist, even if she's center stage. The white top is featured - a bright almost pure white that flattens out no matter how much the model projects her chest, obviously not a good idea here. As a designer, you have to recognize these things and try to make the best of it.

There's a lot of "vibrating" color (colors jiggling next to each other, too intensely for the purpose of this design). For example, the aqua blue text against the fuscia red/pink is hard to read even though the text is large and underlined. Looking back and forth from that text to the black text, it's almost as if they are floating or wobbling higher and/or lower than each other. All of this makes it more difficult to read the text. There are theories on how to prevent this (if interested, just ask me), but the best one is just try something and see if it's OK.

No guarantee on any of this, but you might wanted to try more muted (greyed) colors, whether more pastel or darker or any value in-between. Maybe some form or purple or blue that is much duller, and close the the value (how light or dark) of the purple backdrop could be used as the background around the pics, to disperse that strong backdrop. The goal here is to bring the model back to center stage, and then make the text clear and easier to read. Just my thoughts.

When I said duller and more muted colors, they can still be pretty and feminine.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    for a first attempt it's not bad at all. But the pink hurts my eyes. Most people will run away from it because of the color. Just tame it down and you're good to go.

WeDesig.net - Blogs, Paysites, TGPs, Galleries, Banners... I do it all!

Need to get in touch? ICQ me: 276-592-701 or Email me: info(at)wedesig.net

I'm actually a lesbian with a penis :-) morningwood's Avatar
    As mentioned the pink is an eyesore. The layout of the pics is fine as is the text. Find a color combination that to a degree matches the paysite you are promoting if possible offering a smooth transition from your gallery to their tour or join page.

GWW Community Member
    I think it needs a logo

Got Gay Traffic? Promote IstanBoys.com

Straight boys like stight content. The pink really strained some of your eyes? Maybe other computer screens display it a little brighter than mine. I thought it was a smoother pink....
    ICQ# 580251944

Go here and get colors that compliment eachother :shitpoke:

http://www.colorschemedesigner.com/
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com