Thread: So What Makes A Sig Whore A Sig Whore?

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

So What Makes A Sig Whore A Sig Whore?

Arrghhh.

I figure some people would figure I am qualified to answer this question , but I don't see how having something to offer, talking the time to post (not just respond, but start new threads), respond to the replies of others in those posts and generally have a say on what I want to have a say on is whoring.

So I own a program or 2, so I have a sig, so I am a ploychronis time user (grab the dictionary for that one guys!), so I have a 3 PC network in my home office and I spend all day rolling my chair up and down my production line, so I have one PC that always has the MANY boards I frequent up and running, so I am literate, so I can tyope fast, so I have a lot to say or share, so I post.

To me a sig whore is the two word response, the drive by smilie and associated bullcrap as that. ESPECIALLY when they do not own the program they promote and even MORE especially when they are paid to do it. That is NOT me. Ok, I screwed up early when I decided to start posting hear, but I paid a fair penalty, and how many others do you know who then post a full apology and put their hand up for doing the wrong thing? Anybody?

One thing I LOVE about this board is that everyone who posts contributes and usually at length.

One thing I hate about this board is that everyone who posts contributes and usually at length.

He he - it takes so long to read!!!

You will not find a straighter shooter than I, and I call a spade a spade, I don't expect all others to be the same, but it would be nice.

So thats my rant and rave about sig whoring.

So what makes a sig whore to you?

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    you know i was thinking about this a while back and, with the exception of one forum i honestly do not think 'sig whores' realize thy are being that.

I mean i remember when a resource site or forum was around for one goal.. to make people money other than the only the forum or site owners however recent trends in the industry seem to have completely changed this.

Oh and while i think about it, here is an artice i wrote a few months ago you may be interested in too

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1953

Regards,

Lee

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    SEE SIG !!!

Camper than a row of tents
    You can spot the sig whores by asking yourself what they'd do if sigs were banned everywhere. Would they still make the same number of posts?

Kiwi
    Originally posted by Matt 26z
    You can spot the sig whores by asking yourself what they'd do if sigs were banned everywhere. Would they still make the same number of posts?
    Certainly if they felt strongly enough about a conversational thread - then yeah.

Ultimately if they are really only out to promote a facet of their "income" then I am picking it would drop significantly.

My $0.02

S

Originally posted by Lee
    Oh and while i think about it, here is an artice i wrote a few months ago you may be interested in too
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=1953
    Thanks Lee

Definitely an interesting read and nice historical perspective...

I have only posted myself in the last 18 months, and then only to 2 boards until I expanded in recent times. I am now on 9-10.

I did always lurk and read though for ages before that, when there were only the half dozen or so around.

Thanks for taking the time to dig that one up!

Originally posted by djdez
    SEE SIG !!!
    He he.

Had to happen!

Nice 1 DJ !!

Originally posted by Matt 26z
    Ladies and gentleman, we have a winner!

Too true Matt, too true.

I wish I had said it that concisely!

CBT, you are a sig whore & prolly don't know it (or do you)! I see plenty of your threads copied across various webboards that really have no relevance to anything, like "what is your favourite 80 album"...who cares!!!

yeah, yeah, I know, its just adding fun but personally I just don't know where you get the time to go on all these boards to read them, let alone posting too!

cheers,
    Luke

Originally posted by Chilihost
    CBT, you are a sig whore & prolly don't know it (or do you)! I see plenty of your threads copied across various webboards that really have no relevance to anything, like "what is your favourite 80 album"...who cares!!!
    yeah, yeah, I know, its just adding fun but personally I just don't know where you get the time to go on all these boards to read them, let alone posting too!
    cheers,
    Luke
    Luke,

I respect everyone's right to their opinion. Especially when it disagrees with my own. Makes the world a better place.

As it happens, I am a polychronic time user (get out your dictionary) and I sit here alone in my office MANY hours each day, working simulatenously on 3 PC's...

One, as it happens, has the boards up ALWAYS, and when I get board (pun intended) patting the dog, cleaning the house, talking to my bird or doing the rest of the heaps of work it takes to run a successful business, I read and post on the 9 boards I presently frequent.

Sure I occasionally post stuff out of the square, and it is an interesting social experiment to see how different boards respond to different posts.. that is why some posts get copied across boards, but more times than not I credit that when I post, and people obviously ARE interested, because they get replied to.

I don't do it with every, or even more than a few of my posts.

The reason I do it? Boredom more than anything else. It's an outlet.

Does that make me a sig whore? Maybe in the eyes of some. But I ain't gonna be changing any time soon.

I make money and I post to boards - they are NOT mutually exclusive arrangements, believe you me.

But can I thank you for saying in your reply what a lot of people were probably thinking but didn't have the cajones to post. I *honestly* do respect that.

If you re-read my original post in this thread a smart man would see I was fishing for that.

Thankyou for being a part of this social experiment.

He he.

Last edited by CuriousToyBoy; 06-16-2004 at 07:27 AM.

Mate I was just playing around since in your original post you said
    I figure some people would figure I am qualified to answer this question
    and no one took you up on that so I figured I would tease you a bit!

Like you said you were fishing and me being a pisces, I took your bait

cheers,
    Luke

Originally posted by Chilihost
    Mate I was just playing around since in your original post you said and no one took you up on that so I figured I would tease you a bit!
    Like you said you were fishing and me being a pisces, I took your bait
    cheers,
    Luke
    Mate,

There was nothing acrimonous about my response to you - I enjoyed your post!

And like the fisherman I am, I also took the bait when thrown back at me :-)

He he he he.

Be Good Luke.

I was actually just gonna post a smiling face in response, but figured that would have gon eover WAY too many heads ...