Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making Lemons out of Lemonade

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Making Lemons out of Lemonade

A few of your are aware of what is going on in my life, many of you are not. I've been very "open" most of my life and see know reason not to be now.

I was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. For those interested, it is small cell carcinoma which is nasty and is primarily caused by smoking. So for all of you who kept telling me to quit smoking......you were right! OK, now's the time to tell me you told me so.

After the diagnosis I went thru all the normal feelings. Wasn't going to to chemo....wasn't going to get sick and be a burden on family and friends, yada, yada, yada. (cont)

After several weeks of going through various tests and talking to family members and a few friends, I made the the decision that I had no choice but to give the chemo a try. If not for me, then for them.

Having made that choice, I'm ready for the next good fight. Life is full of challenges and fights. No BFD, I've been doing that all my life and have enjoyed all the challenges.

I started chemo today. After all I heard I heard about how bad it's going to be, gotta tell, it was a piece of cake. I realize that it may get worse but I'm sure that with the help of family and friends, (and, you know who you are), I'll work through it and be back traveling, playing, enjoying my family, watching Sam (my granddaughter) grow up, and generally be back to the same ol' SOB you know and love....or at least love to hate.

As for HDK and it's subsidiaries. In actuality, Lee has been running HDK since I moved back to Delaware two years ago and has been doing a great job. Lee and the entire HDK Staff are all pledged to continue our work and to provide the best films in the genre we are in as well as continue to provide the excellent customer service we have always been known for.

I'll be posting my experiences here for those of you are interested and looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.

And, Lisa, still owe you that dance!

Hugs,

Bill

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Bill,

Gary and my thoughts are with you during this time in your life, if anyone can beat this you can and at least having Lee at the helm you know things will run smoothly with the business while you take some 'me time'

Regards,

Lee

Lee,

Thanks, and you are correct. I'll beat it and while doing so not have to worry about anything at HDK with Lee driving the ship. He won't hit the dock. Give my regards to Gary.

Bill

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    My hopes for speedy recovery go out to you Bill.

Thanks Paul

Had the second round of chemo today....and again, no big deal. Gonna go out and work in the yard. Planting flowers is always good therapy.

Bill

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Titanmen's Avatar
    Bill,

All my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. You are a fighter, so I don't expect anything less. I need someone as smart as you to spar with! ;-)

Best of luck to you and I do sincerely hope that all works out well with the chemo, I will be sending as much good karma as I can.

cheers,
    Luke
    Luke H.
    Marketing Director
    Zbuckz.com, Jbuckz.com, Dickbank.com, Glamourbuckz.com

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    Good luck man.

As nasty as the anti-cancer medical proceedures are, they do have a reasonable chance of working.

You already know I'm 100% behind you beating this!!!!!! And come and talk when you need to. You have many, many friends here willing to help you fight (and cope with) this.

Hugs
    Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Titanmen View Post
    Bill,

All my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. You are a fighter, so I don't expect anything less. I need someone as smart as you to spar with! ;-)
    Absolutely. I've always enjoyed our little sparring sessions. Nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree as long as it's done politely and with respect.

Thanks for the best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by HunkMoneyLuke View Post
    Best of luck to you and I do sincerely hope that all works out well with the chemo, I will be sending as much good karma as I can.

cheers,
    Luke
    Luke,

Karma is a good thing. Thanks man!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    You already know I'm 100% behind you beating this!!!!!! And come and talk when you need to. You have many, many friends here willing to help you fight (and cope with) this.

Hugs
    Bec
    Bec,

You are the best sweetie. It's a comforting thought to know that I work in an industry with some many great people, despite what they outside world thinks of us.

Two chemo sessions so far, and I'm feeling great. Been out working in the yard today and helping the neighbor lady fix some outdoor lights.

Hugs,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Good luck man.

As nasty as the anti-cancer medical proceedures are, they do have a reasonable chance of working.
    Thanks Bill........it is nasty crap, but ya just gotta fight. Which, those of us in the adult industry know how to do!

Bill

Dzinerbear
    Hey Bill,

The mind and attitude are such strong fighters of disease. Keep it up, man. I'll be thinking of you.

All the best.
    Big bear hug,
    Michael

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    Hey Bill,
    You have always been a friend to me! So if you need anything hit me up! I love ya and know you will be just great! You are a fighter!

Holly