Thread: the littlest amount possible for a paysite?

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

the littlest amount possible for a paysite?

i wanted to know about putting content inside a paysite and what do you think the littlest amount of pictures and movies a paysite that is charging $19.95 should have in it and as well when do you think the good time to raise the price will be after what amount of content pics and movies can i go up to $29.95?

I can't answer about vid content since we don't produce'em.

But as for photos - we rotate our galleries on a 6-month basis (with 120 pics each month). So at any given time there are 720 pics live on the site.

We're currently charging $24.95/mnth USD. Our content is all original and exclusive.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know i really dont think there is a 'magic' number ive been trying to figure it out for years and there are just so many variables involved its almost impossible to say 'X Amount' of pics or 'X Amount' of vids for a certain price point, it varies greatly depending on the style of site tour, members area, content (exclusive or not) as well as type of traffic being sent to the site in questions.

I really would love to get as much input as possible in this thread though from various people as i think finding a balance between content quantity and price point is definitely an important aspect to running a paysite and an affiliate program.

I have tried limiting the amounts of content available in several of our members areas of the years and in all honesty, it really doesnt seem to make that much difference between whether a member rebills or not in fact, id say the 'amount' of content is less important than having regular updates in a members area these days, even if you are simply recycling content that was cycled out of your members area 3-6 months previously.

As with everything else in the adult industry, perception is what is important and if you can give the member the perception they are getting what they are paying for, quality and quantity doesnt really seem to affect retention as much as people would have you beleive it does.

Regards,

Lee

I was hoping to see more responses to this question ... putting this up there again for another pass at others adding some imput.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I think it depends on the niche....

if you have teens/twinks you need more then if you have bdsm or even a micro niche like red haired black guys with blonde pubic hair...

it is all relative... IMHO it also depends on where your customers are from and what they are/were used to....
    :-D