Thread: Can You Tell When An Affiliate Rep Just Cant Be Bothered?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Can You Tell When An Affiliate Rep Just Cant Be Bothered?

When you send them an email or ICQ requesting something from them to help you push their product or sites, can you tell when they simply dont care about your request?

Just been having a conversation on ICQ with someone about getting a custom banner and the rep basically told me 'yeah i could get that if i feel like it' and its not like it is a request for something weird, just an odd sized button.

Regards,

Lee

without naming any names... would that be the rep I just referred you to?

Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    without naming any names... would that be the rep I just referred you to?

Actually no it was a different one LOL

That doesnt sound good though, should i be expecting that type of response when i hit them up? LOL

Regards,

Lee

LOL! NO! I hope not!
    The timing was hilarious, though!

M.
    Mary

I am unique, just like everybody else.
    The vast majority of affiliate reps that I have had contact with have been very helpful and friendly. They don't always have ther answers or tools I request but they have usually been helpful and polite. A couple of new/small sites with little to no marketing materials even offered access to members area and said I could create my own banners and galleries if I wanted.

A few sites that I really wanted to promote on my amateur blog never wrote back or simply gave 2-3 word e-mails telling me to screw off (like the response you received). I don't really have the time to deal with it so I put them on a list of contacted and no.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    you mean like asking a question and getting an answer 2-weeks later?

I've had two very funny run ins with affiliate reps this week.

Both wanted Queerclick to promote their site - one wrote a form letter and the other wrote me 2 lines of poor grammar.

My response was "no thank you" to one because we aren't looking for that type of program at the moment and to the other because Queerclick doesn't like the program in question.

Affiliate rep #1 responded and name dropped at me - saying that she'd just get in contact with him anyway. I didn't bother responding to tell her that the man in question has had nothing to do with Queerclick since about 2003.

Affiliate rep #2 (of poor grammar fame) came back with another landing page option, which was amusing since our issue is not with the landing page but the program itself. So I respectfully declined.

Now, I know that I'm not out and about like I used to be... but I've worked in this industry long enough to be afforded a modicum of respect.

And, as someone who does a lot of B2B sales & marketing, I always operate from a mature, respectful standpoint. I get very annoyed when I get the brush off from some toad of an affiliate rep who thinks they are the best thing since slice bread.

I mean, obviously they aren't... I am!
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Maryflixxx View Post
    Now, I know that I'm not out and about like I used to be... but I've worked in this industry long enough to be afforded a modicum of respect.
    Pfft... whatever sista! LOL

BTW, didnt hear anything back from that other rep you put me in touch with LOL

I guess thats better than them not just giving a shit though right? LOL

Regards,

Lee

Well, they are in Europe and Monday was a holiday there, so I'd say give her a days grace.

Otherwise, you can add another rep to your list.

I'll give you another contact if you don't here back from her.
    Mary

Help I'm Lost!!
    This is why I have to start looking for an affiliate rep gig again. Working in G-Rated world just sucks and it sounds like good reps are few and far between.

Plus it would be more fun using my PPC/SEO knowledge to help people make more money.

Right now in my secret identity I'm working for a big corporate giant stealing money through running peoples PPC program keeping 55% of their "budget" and not disclosing and cost info.

Since I can't mention names directly let's just say they're the current exclusive provider for the Iphone :smoke: