Thread: how do you relax away from the pc

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

how do you relax away from the pc

i think i am starting to get burned out from all the time i am spending at my computer the last while because i know i have things that i have to do but i am starting to put them off til tomorrow a lot so how do you make sure you do not get burned out when you are working at the computer all of the time and stuff?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I once in a while download a manadla template and colour it with color pencils - to do that I turn off everything and just fill in the colour thinking about nothing... your brain will be empty afterwards and you feel like a little kid
    :-D

How long have you been gay? Three hundred and sixty-five had come and went
    I'm doing sports whenever I can. Running, cycling, swimming, gym, etc. Also gives me time to think things through, so I have my mind clear during the rest of the day.

I am not gay but I have slept with some guys who are
    I also find going to the gym is good. Takes me out of the house, and the activity takes your head and body out of the slump at least for a few hours and can sometimes make you feel good the rest of the day.

GWW Community Member
    Luckily I have friends who drag me away from my computer from time to time. Other then that, sports really help. Not only physically but also mentally. I prefer running. I sometimes find myself thinking about work even while I'm running, but I noticed that I've gotten some pretty good work-related ideas while running, ideas that wouldn't have come up while working behind my computer, and so I forgive myself for that and take advantage of it

What also helps (although I hardly ever do it) is get a massage, or a facial treatment. Many people like the sauna for relaxation but the sauna doesn't do it for me. I prefer a Turkish steam bath (hamam).

Anyway, if you notice that you get burned out then I think you need to force yourself to be away from your computer at least two days a week. The problem with burnout I think is that if you continue the way you are working now then sooner or later you won't get any work done at all anymore, even if you would try 24/7. So taking time off may seem like a waste, but it is really a very good investment. I hope that makes sense?

Got Gay Traffic? Promote IstanBoys.com

What istanboys said is golden! It really is true. Take a day or two off or any time off and don't worry or think it is wasting time where you could be working. It rejuvenates you, makes a better quality life. It also can resolve issues with work just like was said, in a creative way...when the pressure is off sometimes ideas are more fluid.

I hit the local trails with the camera and mountain bike. There's no shortage of trails here in Niagara.
    Kastle Archives Productions Inc. (est. 1999)
    http://www.ScruntsMaleBDSM.com
    Male bondage & fetish photography

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely
    I just turn off my computer and go somwhere with my family or friends. Or just read books and watch tv for a while.
    DIAMONDGAYS.com - fresh twinks and best ratio! Highly recommended!

All of these ideas in this thread are really good and interesting.

One thing I learned by myself that helped me to relax more, as I put it, (and I have an anxiety disability), is to learn how to do nothing and feel good about it. That also means to not feel guilty about it. Not sure if it will help, but it made quite an impact.

To make a long story a little shorter, there was a time (and I have to watch it doesn't return), that devoting 24/day to my work wouldn't be enough. If you look at things a certain way, spending all that time can be made to sound logical and necessary. So I diligently went to work yet consistently found it harder concentrate on it, became terribly restless, and I actually grew to hate doing what I used to love. When I learned to say "fuck it" and value my free time, my doing nothing time, was equally if not more important, I began to relax more. This didn't solve everything, but it was a step in a much healthier direction and is guiding my work habits now as a webmaster, which as you know can be endless work if we make it so. Not trying to make assumptions about your situation. Just giving an personal anecodote.

For example, I give myself a moment where I am responsible for NOTHING. If meditation helps, good. For some people like me, that can bring back that "oh now I have to do meditation...and how I'm supposed to do it," another set things I have to live up to. My doing nothing time can be one minute sitting back at my desk but looking out my window or looking at nothing, or a half hour or whole afternoon break, or even a day or two depending on what I need. I do what I want, lay down, or go out, or totally nothing, whatever. It's like being a kid, no responsibilities. I find I am more productive when I get back to work.