Thread: does magicjack work like vonage does?

I Giggle Like A Girl Every Time I Hear The Word 'Watersports'

does magicjack work like vonage does?

http://www.magicjack.com is this just a simpler way of using stuff like vonage or is there more to it do you have one and if you do is it good to have or is it just stupid like most informercial stuff is?

What do you consider 'good sex'? rawTOP's Avatar
    My understanding is you have to leave your computer on 24/7. That could get very expensive unless you live in a place with cheap electricity.

I have Vonage and think it's great.

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor.
    Do some google/yahoo research on it. In fact, just go to MagicJack's webpage and look through some of their own links about reviews and awards and such. I found one there that I couldn't believe they still kept linked to their page. It was filled with comments from unhappy users.

I have no experience with the product but what I read there implied that they give "special" service to new customers for the first 30-60 days and then suddenly the call quality becomes awful (in other words, once the money-back guarantee has expired, users are moved to a low priority tier of service).

However, there were also comments from contented users. So, check it out yourself and make up your own mind.

I prefer an actual VOIP device to plug into a router, like Vonage uses. It can be connected 24 hours per day with no need to leave the computer on or even to have a computer. I've used Voicepulse for 3 years with excellent service, only $15 per month. I get 200 free outgoing long distance minutes and unlimited local calling (and since their local area in L.A. is enormous and most of my friends are there, I've never gone over the 200 minutes of free long distance calls). They have an unlimited long distance plan also for $25 per month.

Kevin

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. Lace's Avatar
    I've seen this myself all over TV and I think the local 7-11 even has one but I'll stick to my voip phone. Don't like trying new things as it is. :uhoh:

lace [at] gaytronix [dot] com

MagicJack is absolute crap.

When you first buy it during the 30 day trial period it works great.. then mysteriously calls start cutting out, you don't get voice mail, etc.

Unfortunately I bought MagicJack right before Xmas last year, was happy with it and bought it as a stocking stuffer for a bunch of friends. They all had the same issues after the first 30days.

You plug MagicJack into your USB port. Opposite the USB jack is a phone jack where you plug in the phone line. You have to leave your computer on and jack plugged into the USB to recieve/make calls.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com