Thread: How To Value Members Area Ad Spots?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How To Value Members Area Ad Spots?

I am seeing a lot more companies looking to buy ad spots inside paysite members areas as of late and i was wondering, how do you put a value on such a placement when talking about pre-paid deals?

It isnt something i have ever really looked in to before and not really something im planning on doing im just curious as to how this side of the biz actually works in terms of value, etc...

Have any of you folks ever bought or sold a pre-paid ad spot inside a members area?

Regards,

Lee

I've done this two ways.

1) Easier, doing a members area upsell which can even be facilitated by your processor making the purchase process similar, and then I get the affiliate payout.

2) If I have banner space inside my members area, I have a rough monthly value of what I get from that space via my affiliate relationship. My goal through paid placement is to increase that by 10 to 15% over what I can make from the affiliate payment. So that is my starting point, and pricing is adjusted by results.

Start with placing an affiliated banner to test your members' reactions and to get a sense of the value of the spot to you.

Mary
    Mary
    Advertising Manager, QueerClick & Guys With iPhones
    Email: mary@queerclick.com

Reasonable Rates! Talk to me about better traffic options.