Thread: Reposting This For Our Friends At National Net

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Reposting This For Our Friends At National Net

NationalNet is happy to announce the First Ever Great NationalNet Laptop Giveaway!!

What can I win? A brand new Dell Inspiron 8500 with 2.0Mhz Processor, 1024 RAM, 16" Display, wireless card...the works! This Laptop is the same one used by our Executive Vice President on a daily basis and cost us over $3,000!!!

When can I win? At any of the upcoming tradeshows! Just look for NationalNet to be hosting an event and you can win there!!

How do I win? Well thats the tricky part...see you will need to wait until no one is looking, sneak into one of the closed doors at one of our parties and see a laptop sitting there. Unplug it, tuck it under your clothes and run out of the door as fast as possible before I or any member of my staff catches you. If you can do that, then you too can be a winner!!!

Can it really be done? Why of course it can...just ask the low life cock sucker that stole the one from our Hospitality Suite in San Diego. Yes, he competely got away with it scott free.....well, so far anyway.

Is there a catch? Yes, there is catch. You can't tell a living soul that you were the one that stole it. If you do, the odds are that I will find out and no matter where on the globe you live I will hunt you down and beat your ass like you mother should have when you were a kid. You will regret the day that you ever heard of me or any of my companies. I will spend 1,000 times the value of that laptop just for the satisfaction of knowing that your ass is laid on a street corner somewhere half dead and begging for the other half.

I HATE A FUCKING THIEF!

....and people wonder why the sponsors can't do the really nice parties anymore. Jeeez.
    As with Tony i hate theives they do nothing for anyone or the industry.

So far i beleive there is a bounty of over 5k for the safe return of the laptop plus identity of the theif.

Post this around for SweetT (Tony Morgan) please folks lets get the laptop back to its rightful owner.

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Apparently more than one laptop was stolen during the show in fact our own Chipmunk had his laptop stolen to by all accounts :eek:

Its a sad day when you cant even trust those who we do business and socialize with on an almost daily basis.

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    hmm i think ill make my party invite only & hire a big black man named Tiny to work the door

RainGurl
    that's horrible... i think sometimes people get a little too comfortable with the people they know and forget that there are plenty of complete strangers wandering around shows.

a couple of years ago at internext in florida everything from my booth was stolen. i know the booth thieves hit other booths as well.
    it's a shame... but then again, this ain't the girl scouts...

mansites-craig
    I had heard about Tony's laptop, but I hadn't heard about the others.
    I guess we got off easy as we had our digital camera stolen from the convertible at the valet stand as we checked in.

Makes you wonder if it's one of our own that are doing this, and what it says about our industry if that is the case. I think we will all be more careful, but it still sucks!!!!

BDBionic
    ugh that fuckin' sucks. it's times like this my belief in the validity of corporal punishment are reaffirmed.

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    That is just so wrong.

I do love that attitude of retribution - thieves also shit me to tears, and I have been known to spend FAR more time, money, effort and resources on principle that the actual was worth.

I doubt if I can be of much help, but if I hear of anything they will the first to know.

Just an quick aside, one of my business partners amny years ago had a laptop stolen from his home, in the days thwn they were more than $3k

It sucked, but he reported it stolen for insurance and also reported it to Toshiba where he bought it.

4 months later he got a phone call. Would he like his laptop back?

The thief had taken it into a Toshiba repairer for a fix.

He got it back, no data of course, but a RAM upgrade and a new credit card modem in the slot.

Karma can be a bitch.

:bandana:

that totally sucks, I know if I ever got my laptop stolen I would be totally pissed off. Hopefully they get it back!

CBT - love that twist at the end of your story!

cheers,
    Luke

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chilihost
    that totally sucks, I know if I ever got my laptop stolen I would be totally pissed off. Hopefully they get it back!
    CBT - love that twist at the end of your story!
    cheers,
    Luke
    Yeah it is more funny in the telling than it was at the time.

Like we all know, it's far less the value of the hardware that goes missing than the value and time and inconvenience represented by the losing all your data that was on it.

For those who know the "Noah's Ark" history of our biz, they will remember that 2 of what became the largest operators this industry ever saw got their start when they owned a PC business...

They reposessed a bunch of computers from some guy who hadn;t paid his bill and guess what they found on the hard drives?

And the rest, as they say, is history.

It did only give them their start I should say, they busted their respective balls to go forward from there.

All I can hope is that Tony did not have too much data of value (real or otherwise) on that laptop.

And I also hope for a large bus being unseen as the culprit crosses the road.

:bandana: